Just ordered SR80!
Jul 7, 2008 at 2:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 28

elmer_42

100+ Head-Fier
I'm so excited! I just ordered my first "real" headphones from HeadRoom. Assuming they ship today (they say that before noon mountain time will ship same day) they should be here Thursday or Friday.
79905606.gif

e:They just came a few minutes ago. I'm listening to Floyd through them right now. I can't make any judgments just yet, but I'm really happy so far.

Jul 8, 2008 at 12:17 AM Post #4 of 28
Enjoy! My 80s are great fun. If you like the sound, you'll be going either SR325i or RS1 before long.
biggrin.gif

Jul 8, 2008 at 1:06 AM Post #6 of 28
They shipped them a bit ago. ETA: Thursday.
biggrin.gif

Jul 8, 2008 at 3:39 AM Post #7 of 28
SR225 are more refined with some extra detail. But the thing is, some people hear it, some not. I owned both at the same time and while SR225 were better, to my ears, it wasnt day and night.

Quote:

Originally Posted by troymadison /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How do the 80s compare to the 225s?

Jul 8, 2008 at 5:03 AM Post #8 of 28
I own the sr 225 and sr 60 and there is not that much difference(only occasionally hear things that I didn't hear on the sr60) if you listen to most rock music, but when you start crossing to different genre of music, you notice that the sr225 sounds more full and the mids of the sr 225 seem better with vocals. Also better transparency/seperation in the music, but only apparent when using amp.

Jul 8, 2008 at 6:47 AM Post #9 of 28
Enjoy!
biggrin.gif

The Grado SR80 were my entry into Head-Fi and headphones as well. Its quite nice, especially for its price tag.

Jul 10, 2008 at 8:31 PM Post #10 of 28
They're here! So far Floyd (Great Gig in the Sky, WOW!) is souding better than it ever has, but does anybody have any other suggestions of songs that are just "WOW" through these babies?

e:Oh yeah, forgot to ask a few things.
1. I don't believe they are, but do you think that it is possible that they could have been damaged by the 107° heat?
2. Is there a specific way to wear them? I have a small head (therefore small ears) and they entirely cover my ears, is this normal?

Jul 10, 2008 at 8:37 PM Post #11 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by elmer_42 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They're here! So far Floyd (Great Gig in the Sky, WOW!) is souding better than it ever has, but does anybody have any other suggestions of songs that are just "WOW" through these babies?

Put on some AC/DC and enjoy the ride.

Jul 10, 2008 at 8:46 PM Post #13 of 28
I have to say that the guitar solo in Money just put a smile on my face. These are incredible! And Goober, got any specific album suggestions? I don't have any right now, but I can certainly get some.

Jul 10, 2008 at 8:50 PM Post #14 of 28
I loved mine, they lasted a couple years and were probably the best intro to head-fi I could have asked for.

They're also a nasty gateway drug
biggrin.gif

Jul 10, 2008 at 8:59 PM Post #15 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by elmer_42 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have to say that the guitar solo in Money just put a smile on my face. These are incredible! And Goober, got any specific album suggestions? I don't have any right now, but I can certainly get some.

I would reccomend all of them but I'll name just four Back in Black (mainly for the song Back in Black), Fly on the Wall, Razor's Edge and High Voltage. Songs you should listen to immediately if you can, Back in Black, Overdose and Thunderstruck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back