Just ordered my Perreaux SXH1 !
Dec 5, 2003 at 5:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

TUBEBO

Head-Fier
I ordered the Perreaux at Audio Advisor yesterday. They are on back order, but will ship in time to arrive by Christmas. AA said that the hum issue is indeed fixed, and some specs have also been improved, though they were not specific. Looking forward to joining team "little knob”!

Dec 5, 2003 at 5:26 AM Post #2 of 8
Let us know, I'm interested in join again team dinky knob, in the future, if they indeed fix it, I know that there is a revision 2.0 with the fuse in another position, and some wires, that in the first were under the board, now are floating around like a rainbow, as they used multiple colors for them....let us know, I emailed Perreaux two times, and they never answered me.....

Dec 5, 2003 at 5:37 AM Post #3 of 8
Sovkiller:

I'll let you know what it looks like they did, as far as the fuse and wiring. It's kind of concerning they don’t respond timely to emails. They certainly talk a good show on their web site. I sent them an email question also, if they respond, I'll post it.

Oops, and sorry, its team "dinky knob” - please forgive!!!

Dec 5, 2003 at 6:32 AM Post #4 of 8
I ordered the Perreax SXH-1 last week from AA and just got it yesterday.

Unfortunately, there is a problem with my Perreaux unit. It must have been shaken up badly during shipping because when I tap the unit, the sound in the right channel comes and goes. I called AA today and they said they would send me another one and a return tag for the defective unit (ie. I pay no shipping charges). Excellent customer service!

Regarding the volumne knob, Perreaux really should design it so that the knob doesn't rub against the chassis when the knob is turned. It's not a big deal since one isn't constantly changing the volume but I would have expected better from Perreaux.

When I am able to get the SXH-1 to play to both channels, it produces good sound. I won't go into details since from what I've read on this forum, it requires much exercise before it's fully broken in. One thing I will say - it is already significantly better than the Headroom Total Airhead that I used to use to power my current headphones - the Sennheiser HD-580. I'll provide a more complete review when I get my new unit and have it broken in.

Dec 5, 2003 at 6:39 AM Post #5 of 8
It seem that they are still offering the first version of the amp, the new one has a bigger whole in the panel, that do not let the knob scrap on there, according ot them when I asked, Clinton at Perreaux told me that the new panels were still at the machine shop, waiting for pic up, but that they were done, so this scraping should not be there....unless this is an old one, check the revision number, or if the fuse is at the right or left of the power supply, if is at the right, closer ot the heatsink is the old one, if is closer to the left side of the amp is the new one....

Dec 5, 2003 at 6:49 AM Post #6 of 8
sheppard:

Sorry to hear yours arrived damaged. That's the advantage in buying at AA, in that they WILL take care of you. Sounds like the rubbing volume knob is still an issue. Curious that Perreaux should have a problem fixing it.

Anyhow, I'm looking forward to giving it a whirl with my Senn 600's. I just sold my MG Head DT on Ebay yesterday, and hope to be happy back in the world of "solid state" again!

Dec 5, 2003 at 12:15 PM Post #8 of 8
i'm in the process of trying to find out exactly what they did to fix/upgrade my sxh1...i'm going to call them up (hopefully today)...

also, i've been meaning to take pictures under the hood of the perreaux...perhaps someone could then compare the photos to their current sxh1?...

anyways...congratulations on your acquisition...how 'bout keepin' us posted on what phones you like the best w/it?....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back