Just ordered my MS-1s...
Jan 9, 2006 at 2:32 AM Post #2 of 41
I ordered a pair from Alessandro last Wednesday and got them yesterday (Saturday). So far I like them, but they still need to get burned in. I have the standard pads on mine. My dad and I are getting an M-Audio Transit, which should be a good improvement over my computer's integrated sound.

Jan 9, 2006 at 1:09 PM Post #4 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by jet87
I ordered a pair from Alessandro last Wednesday and got them yesterday (Saturday). So far I like them, but they still need to get burned in. I have the standard pads on mine. My dad and I are getting an M-Audio Transit, which should be a good improvement over my computer's integrated sound.

Problem is, i live in the UK :p So it's going to be interesting to see when they arrive...

Jan 9, 2006 at 1:10 PM Post #5 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by muckluck
Wow! Those yellow pads look pretty nice. Any sonic advantages to them?

apparently so, they calm the high's down etc etc., there's a big thing about it in one of the threads, i'll give you a link later

Jan 9, 2006 at 1:40 PM Post #6 of 41
Not to put a damper on your parade, but it took me three weeks to get my MS-1 from Alessandro!
eek.gif

I guess it depends on how busy they are. My MS-2i, only took about 4 days to get to me, so you might be one of the lucky ones!
tongue.gif

Jan 9, 2006 at 3:24 PM Post #8 of 41
I ordered my ms-1's today as well from headphones.com.au can't wait till they get here so I can listen to them. It will be my first decent pair of headphones and being a IEM person its going to be a bit of a change so hopefully I'll like the grado sound.

Jan 9, 2006 at 3:31 PM Post #9 of 41
dont forget that with those yellow senns pads, you should cut a quarter sized hole in the middle of the pad.

Jan 11, 2006 at 6:20 AM Post #10 of 41
I ordered a pair of MS-1s on the same day as you, Sinetwo -- Saturday night/Sunday morning at 1AM. Let's compare notes on how long it takes to get them. They still haven't charged my credit card though... so that makes me think that they havent yet shipped.

Jan 11, 2006 at 12:35 PM Post #12 of 41
My recent order arrived in ~2 weeks to the UK and that was over the Christmas period so I think they're getting reasonably quick.

Jan 11, 2006 at 1:26 PM Post #14 of 41
Yeah, I like them. Got some reversed modded 414 pads on them and I think they look and sound great! Having never seen Grados before, I was really suprised at how small and light they are, much more so than I was expecting!

Jan 11, 2006 at 6:57 PM Post #15 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by fathom
I ordered a pair of MS-1s on the same day as you, Sinetwo -- Saturday night/Sunday morning at 1AM. Let's compare notes on how long it takes to get them. They still haven't charged my credit card though... so that makes me think that they havent yet shipped.

Me neither! i'm actually gonna call them later on, they didn't pick up... lazy americans! :p j/k

Users who are viewing this thread

Back