Just Ordered HD595's What Now?
Aug 30, 2007 at 4:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

DoYouRight

Headphoneus Supremus
OK I got sick of waiting to get a set of headphones til I found some Red Anniversary 595s and wanted to try some models before I goto HD650s and such so I have an appreciation for higher end headphones. And not just expect greatness I guess.

Anyway, I just ordered the HD595s and Im curious what would be a good amp for them that is still around and not massively expensive. I want one that will make them sound good since I hear so much about them having no bass. I like bass but I dont like my ears ring like at a concert. So what would a good amp be for the 595s and also be usable with the dt 770/80s and then HD650s.

If one for the 595 and 770s wont work well with the hd650s, im not getting the 650s very soon anyway.

Does anyone know how the 595s will compare to my sennheiser pc155s?

Thanks

Aug 30, 2007 at 5:07 PM Post #2 of 13
im thinking maybe a corda move? or the total bithead. as I am going to use my laptop only for the time being. also maybe my ipod. but doubt it.

Aug 30, 2007 at 9:55 PM Post #3 of 13
If you want a desktop amp try the Heed Canamp, I have a HD580 and it synergies very well with it. You might want to read reviews on that amp, lots of impressions around here.

Aug 31, 2007 at 1:25 AM Post #4 of 13
I drive my HD595s w/ a Total Bithead and am very happy w/ the sound.
580smile.gif

Aug 31, 2007 at 1:36 AM Post #5 of 13
Funny you should ask this I just ordered myself a C&C box+ so I could use it from the laptop and on the go. I'll see how it goes.

Aug 31, 2007 at 4:01 AM Post #7 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by manhattanproj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
if using an ipod or any daps, there is practically 0 benefit to have an amp. it wont improve the heaphone.

That's your opinion, I can hear a big difference amped and unamped from my Zune.

Aug 31, 2007 at 3:49 PM Post #8 of 13
I read way too much about the headphones themselves that im thinking they are gonna suck. Even though they have to be better than what ive used before. Im just curious if the bass is as terrible as everyone says. They should be here in a few days to find out.

I wish I could find a place around here to demo headphones before I bought them blindly.

Aug 31, 2007 at 3:51 PM Post #9 of 13
The bass is light but to say it sucks is a little harsh. I found that a good amp did improve the quantity of bass a lot though and, for that reason, getting yourself an amp is worth it for that alone.

Aug 31, 2007 at 4:11 PM Post #10 of 13
Im hoping they sound alot better than what I have read ******** on their sound but some love them! I personally am kinda low on cash since I just bought a 2500 laptop for school (n some fun
biggrin.gif
) and couldnt buy anything more expensive.
frown.gif
Next is amp and im thinking i will really like the 595s.

Since I havent heard better they should sound amazing to me.

Aug 31, 2007 at 4:21 PM Post #11 of 13
My advice is don't expect to be blown away on first impressions, because you probably won't. Instead listen to them for a few days or weeks then go back to your previous headphones (e3g?). You'll learn to appreciate the significant and most importantly subtle features that make all the difference. They're much better than the e3c in my experience.

Aug 31, 2007 at 4:50 PM Post #12 of 13
Heed CanAmp is probaply a good choice. From what I have read, its a good amp that can drive pretty much anything, so you can concentrate on headphones and source more.

Aug 31, 2007 at 7:15 PM Post #13 of 13
On purely a synergy standpoint, I wouldn't recommend the corda move. The amp improves a lot of headphones tremendously, but when I tried it with 595s, I wasn't impressed. Of course thats just my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back