Just ordered ER-6i... what now?
May 17, 2007 at 7:40 PM Post #16 of 19
just got them today! first impression is "wow thats alot of sound isolation"

havn't had more than a few min with them but I will later on today.

The tri-flanges fit and make a good seal on my ears, so I may give those a try on an extended listening period before i switch to the foams. Unless there is some other reason to use foam over the flanges...

May 17, 2007 at 9:08 PM Post #17 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by guitarman19853 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The tri-flanges fit and make a good seal on my ears, so I may give those a try on an extended listening period before i switch to the foams. Unless there is some other reason to use foam over the flanges...

If the triflanges work, great. You'll save a lot of money in the long run not buying foam eartips.

In the end though, if you do decide to try foamies, I would recommend the Shure Black Foamies (they fit the ER6i's).

Rick

May 17, 2007 at 9:24 PM Post #18 of 19
I've been working through every tip on earth for my ER4Ps (which has a similar tip to the E6i) and just discovered that the E6 tips work fine on them and are much more comfortable. So if you run out of options. . . .

May 18, 2007 at 1:33 AM Post #19 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by antonyfirst /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What's better: the ER6i or the Altec im716?

I can answer that! I have 'em both.

IM716
Pros: Great sound, two modes (bass and HD)
Cons: The pod is clumsy and serves no purpose for me, since I don't use bass mode or the volume control. No shirt clip. Cables have high microphonics and tangle easily. Not so easy to drive.
ER6i
Pros: Good sound (similar to IM716 HD mode, only not as clear, a bit more muddy sounding). Easy to drive. Low cable microphonics. Has a shirt clip. Cable does not tangle so easily.
Cons: No bass mode (not really a con for me, since I don't use it). Weak bass. The cable is WAY too long for something intended to be used with a portable device.
Conclusions: For pure listening, I use the IM716s. For on-the-move, such as at the gym, I use the ER6is. Both are very good IEMs. The sound of the IM716s is superior, but not by much. I like them both very much, and if for some reason I could only keep one pair, I'd be happy with either one. And by the way, the tips are interchangeable between the two IEMs.

Note to those in the US: Newegg.com is now selling the IM716s for $79.99. This is a great price for these wonderful IEMs!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back