Just ordered a Slappa Camel 240...
Sep 3, 2004 at 9:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

reeseboisse

100+ Head-Fier
I gave in. I cracked, and I ordered a 240 disc Slappa CD case, in that gorgeous Camel color. It's going to be a pain to have to make little paper slips with the names of every burned CD I own, but it will be worth it. Not to mention the fact that in a pinch, I could expand it's capacity to 480 (unless I'm mistaken), which should tide me over for a long, long time.

I'm also glad to own a product from a company like Slappa, that actually cares about (and even listens to) it's customers. Not many places like that nowadays, and I'll be glad to support each one I find.

Also, one question for Dom: When ordering, I put "head-fi" in the discount code field, but it still said it was charging me 57.49 total. Is this how it normally is, or did I make a mistake? Also, when are iPod cases going to be launched?

Sep 4, 2004 at 1:33 AM Post #2 of 7
I recently ordered 3 of the 360 CD cases, but after the the day of the initial order I haven't been able to get anyone from Slappa to respond to any e-mails. Both the ones I sent myself and through their website.
So hopefully my order shows up in time, but I don't know when that will be.
Perhaps you'll have better luck getting info on your order status.

Sep 4, 2004 at 4:09 PM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bug
The 240 holds a max of 240 or 120 with their covers.

That makes more sense.

240 is still fine, though.

Sep 6, 2004 at 5:36 AM Post #6 of 7
There was trouble with shippinng for me, but they were responsive in thier emails and gave me a free 32 cd carrying case. Then, about a week after getting my 240 the handle broke....

I just kept it on my desk, and moved it maybe 5 times. I am sure this is just a bad run, because slappa has been getting great reviews, and personally thier customer service is top notch. btw besides the broken handle, the case is soooo nice. Now to fill it up (im only 17 bear with me i dont got 240 cds yet!)

Sep 9, 2004 at 6:33 PM Post #7 of 7
Head-fier's

I apologize for the glitch with the discount code. In short, the software company that we use for our shopping cart and order processing "forced" us to migrate to their latest version....and after the migration we learned that all the discount codes needed to be manually re-entered inthe system. That's all taken care of (the head-fi discount code remains "headfi"). Reese, you could expect a little something extra in your package to make up for the discount that was not applied (please send me a private message with your order #)

As for the 240 case, it holds either 240 discs OR 120 discs + 120 covers. You could store 240 discs + 120 covers (the rear panel for both the rear and front pocket is soft, so you could safely "double stuff" the front pocket with disc and cover...I'm not a fan of that but you could do it)

Akar I apologize that no one has returned your mail. Actually hearing that makes me furious. Could you please send a mail to sales@slappa.com and in the subject please put "For Dom". In that mail please let me know what your order number is and I will get back to you when back in the office in about 6 hours.

I have to apologize to anyone who has experienced delays in getting their 360 CD cases. The past month has been a real challenge for importing products into the US. It was first slowed down with the increased terror alerts, and then the Long Beach dock workers went on strike. There have been major backlogs in California due to this. The icing on our cake was this past weekend when Jacksonville was hit by Hurricane Frances. Our office is still without phone and fax, but fortunately we were able to get the warehouse back in action yesterday. The 360's are now shipping to customers so you could expect them soon!

Also....keep an eye out for the soon to be released IPOD case...

As always thanks for the support!!!

Dom at SLAPPA

Users who are viewing this thread

Back