Just ordered a pair of HyperX Cloud II, What are peoples opinions on them?
Jan 31, 2017 at 6:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

DeadBolt4

New Head-Fier
I've been reading around and decided to order a pair of HyperX Cloud II, apparently they are a good buy in the $100 price point. What are peoples opinion on them here?

Read some where that they are Takstar Pro 80 but geared towards gamers?

Jan 31, 2017 at 6:46 PM Post #2 of 7
  I've been reading around and decided to order a pair of HyperX Cloud II, apparently they are a good buy in the $100 price point. What are peoples opinion on them here?

That's right, they are a Takstar Pro 80 and a Gemini HSR-1000 (currently selling for $470 on amazon--yes, that's right) as well. What do I think of them? I think it is very difficult to beat them at their asking price. Just a very good headphone. Just not for $500. --)

Jan 31, 2017 at 7:01 PM Post #3 of 7
  That's right, they are a Takstar Pro 80 and a Gemini HSR-1000 (currently selling for $470 on amazon--yes, that's right) as well. What do I think of them? I think it is very difficult to beat them at their asking price. Just a very good headphone. Just not for $500. --)

Ok thanks for the feedback, I was worried I made a huge mistake but you kind of calmed my nerves. Hopefully they arrive this week ... kinda excited.

Feb 1, 2017 at 12:52 PM Post #5 of 7
I own a pair, probably the best $100 I have spent with one caveat. They work well with music, video games, and movies, spacial perception in games is fantastic even without using the virtual surround. For example, I don't have to look at the map in GTA V to locate a helicopter in the distance anymore. You won't have any buyer's remorse, not for $100 that's for sure.

The caveat is that I'm on my 2nd pair. My first ones had a strange "crinkling plastic" sound that would appear when things were silent, as in between music or just sitting on my ears. Add to that, at certain sub-bass frequencies my right driver vibrated like it was not properly attached in the cup. Keep in mind I may have just received a bad pair, that's all. Customer support was easy and very helpful.

All in all, despite my setback, I highly recommend them and I don't think there is another headset this good for the money.

Feb 1, 2017 at 1:47 PM Post #6 of 7

If this is for PC FPS gaming, you might consider getting a Creative Labs Sound Blaster Z sound card
or an Asus Xonar DG or DGX sound card.
I would guess(?) one of those sound cards would offer better surround sound, then the low cost USB "sound card" the Cloud II comes with.

Feb 1, 2017 at 8:01 PM Post #7 of 7
  I own a pair, probably the best $100 I have spent with one caveat. They work well with music, video games, and movies, spacial perception in games is fantastic even without using the virtual surround. For example, I don't have to look at the map in GTA V to locate a helicopter in the distance anymore. You won't have any buyer's remorse, not for $100 that's for sure.

The caveat is that I'm on my 2nd pair. My first ones had a strange "crinkling plastic" sound that would appear when things were silent, as in between music or just sitting on my ears. Add to that, at certain sub-bass frequencies my right driver vibrated like it was not properly attached in the cup. Keep in mind I may have just received a bad pair, that's all. Customer support was easy and very helpful.

All in all, despite my setback, I highly recommend them and I don't think there is another headset this good for the money.

Ok thanks, I should have payed the extra $15cdn for the amazon extended warranty. Glad to hear customer support is good though. 

If this is for PC FPS gaming, you might consider getting a Creative Labs Sound Blaster Z sound card
or an Asus Xonar DG or DGX sound card.
I would guess(?) one of those sound cards would offer better surround sound, then the low cost USB "sound card" the Cloud II comes with.

These will just be for casual gaming but I might take your advice and get a sound blaster card if it isn't good enough. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back