Just order the X5L
Jun 22, 2005 at 1:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

rbf1138

1000+ Head-Fier
Just ordered direct from Cowon the X5L 20gig...Think I'm going to sell my Zen Micro. Only thing I'm holding off for is that I'm so worried I wont be able to adjust to the sound of a non-Creative player. I had the Zen USB 2.0 for 2.5 years, then went to the Micro, so this is my first endeavor away from Creative. I've always loved the sound of my players, so I'm a bit worried that either the quality of the iaudio will leave me disappointed or I wont be able to mentally accept a different type of sound. Anyone with a Creative and the x5 have any comments to ease my fears (or heighten them, lol)?

edit: Jakets, I see you own a Touch and the X5, can you give me some observations on the sound difference between the two?

Jun 22, 2005 at 2:26 PM Post #2 of 4
i wouldn't worry too much, iaudio/cowon's are supposed to have excellent sound quality.

Jun 22, 2005 at 11:14 PM Post #3 of 4
Yep,
I got the x5 for about a month now, and it sounds great(even if I don't have great headphones, but I'm working on that part). I think it really sounds great when I hook it up to my amplifier, but all eq-settings, mach3bass etc. must be off. Then it sounds best.

Jun 23, 2005 at 1:18 AM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by luuk
I think it really sounds great when I hook it up to my amplifier, but all eq-settings, mach3bass etc. must be off. Then it sounds best.

Does this apply to all players in general when using an amp or is it just the x5?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back