Just Order ATH A500
Apr 9, 2004 at 6:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

EightyEight

100+ Head-Fier
wsup,
im new hear and ive spent the past couple of days browsing and doing a lot of searching.

I've come to the conclusion of getting the ATH A500 for the $115, and I was wondering if this was a good choice for someone who listens to hip hop and rock. Portability is not a problem. Comfort would be a plus, but most of all sound quality.
I'll be running the A500 on Turtle Beach Santa Cruz soundcard and iRiver IMP-350

one more question, will i need an amp to reach the headphones full potential or will it perform well without it?

Thanks,

Apr 9, 2004 at 9:31 PM Post #2 of 5
Hi there EightyEight, welcome aboard...

Just do a search on the A500s in the headphones forum, you'll find a lot of threads about them, including one I've started myself.

From what I read, they seem to be very good phones for the music taste you and I seem to share, and in fact I just ordered a pair last night...

I'll try to do my best to put out a good review when I receive them, but all I know for now is that they're very popular cans in the sub-$100 range...

Oh, and they only have 64 Ohms of impedance, and they can easily be driven without an amp... In fact, using them with an amp might not change a lot...

Apr 9, 2004 at 9:34 PM Post #3 of 5
Hey,
i bought some A500's about 4 weeks ago and I couldn't be happier, they are easily driven without an amp, however with my super micro i think they sound a bit better, better range and the bass is much tighter, but they still sound great without. You can't go wrong with the a500's.

Apr 9, 2004 at 11:04 PM Post #4 of 5
phew
tongue.gif
cuz i ordered last night and i was being a little hesitant when ordering off Audiocubes.com
600smile.gif

Apr 10, 2004 at 12:02 AM Post #5 of 5
Don't worry, we seem to have made a good choice... =))

And in the extreme case that you might not be happy with the A500s, there are many users here who'll take them off of your hands at nearly the same price you paid for them because they're only available in Japan...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back