Just occurred to me. V6s are not MDRV600?
Dec 19, 2001 at 10:04 AM Post #16 of 45
NO! hm... i guess i'm a bit late. ah well. had to get it in.

i had to listen to those stinkers (V600) for an afternoon. aweful, simply aweful. i think i walked home in the snow just to get my Grados. anyways, this is all old hat.

we should most definately have a hall of fame and hall of shame. or something like that. maybe blurbs and quotes chosen by the council of moderators.

Dec 19, 2001 at 11:26 AM Post #17 of 45
Just look at my sig....
eek.gif

Dec 19, 2001 at 1:24 PM Post #18 of 45
I am late to respond to this. I have heard the MDR-V600's for several months, and I am sick and tired of slamming these thingamajigs over and over again.

Therefore, my new opinion of these headphones (and other headphones in the MDR-V###DJ line) is basically what my brother has told me over and over again: "If you can't say something nice, then don't say one ********* word!"

Dec 19, 2001 at 1:57 PM Post #19 of 45
Quote:

Originally posted by Eagle_Driver
I am late to respond to this. I have heard the MDR-V600's for several months, and I am sick and tired of slamming these thingamajigs over and over again.

Therefore, my new opinion of these headphones (and other headphones in the MDR-V###DJ line) is basically what my brother has told me over and over again: "If you can't say something nice, then don't say one ********* word!"

Your brother sounds like my mother... Odd.
biggrin.gif

Dec 19, 2001 at 2:04 PM Post #20 of 45
Quote:

Originally posted by Xander
Your brother sounds like my mother... Odd.
biggrin.gif

Yep, that's par - he's seven years my senior!
eek.gif

And my mother? She doesn't know @#$% about audio!
tongue.gif

(BTW, the original saying was "If you can't say something nice, then don't say anything at all.")

Dec 19, 2001 at 8:21 PM Post #22 of 45
>>Of course, there's good hip-hop (dr. dre, among others) and bad hip-hop (cash money millionaires).

Yikes, dont even call the cash money millionaires' music hip-hop. Thats straight up rap. (Pop rap at that.) Dre pretty much fell off too, but thats another discussion.

Dec 19, 2001 at 8:23 PM Post #23 of 45
Quote:

Originally posted by cleveland_indian
it's one thing to insult someone's taste in audio equipment, but another to insult a style of music just because you don't like it. some people here (like myself) enjoy listening to hip-hop. Of course, there's good hip-hop (dr. dre, among others) and bad hip-hop (cash money millionaires). If your comment was mearly distinguishing between the two types of hip-hop (good and crapty), then I retract my initial statement.

btw, I agree that a newbie section would be quite helpful. I'm pretty new to this forum, but I've hung around enough by now to know that most of the posts by newbie go something like this:

q: i'm looking for something with good bass
a: sony MDR-V6, beyerdynamic DT-250, etc.

q: i'm looking for something cheap and portable
a: sennheiser MX500 or koss KSC-35/50/55/sportapro/portapro (labtec elite 800's
evil_smiley.gif
hahaha)

q: is _____ headphone any good?
a: no

q: my budget is $100
a: ksc-35/etc, sennheiser MX500, sony MDR-V6, sennheiser HD-495, grado SR-60, SR-80, etc....

maybe we should just generate a nice long list of what not to buy
smily_headphones1.gif

Just wanted to add

Q: Where's the greatest place on Earth?
A: Cleveland. Gotta show respect, and the Brown's aint too shaby anymore.

Dec 19, 2001 at 8:40 PM Post #25 of 45
Quote:

And they have the classiest fans, too!

Here's another blanket statement from radrd:

Their fans are a bunch of ass clowns!
biggrin.gif

Dec 19, 2001 at 8:45 PM Post #26 of 45
Quote:

Originally posted by MacDEF
very_evil_smiley.gif

Well, after what happened to them...can you blame them? I can't...those refs should be shot...oops...off topic...HEADPHONES!!!! Back on topic
very_evil_smiley.gif

George

Dec 20, 2001 at 2:26 AM Post #27 of 45
Quote:

Originally posted by MacDEF

very_evil_smiley.gif

ooooo, you're starting something that isn't good. Luckily this is a headphone forum and I live in Philly now. One thing I learned is to never mess with a fan of any Cleveland team. They're crazy. they wont hesitate to.... let's just say, throw crap at you if they dont like you.

wink.gif

ummm... V600's suck

Dec 20, 2001 at 2:38 AM Post #28 of 45
Quote:

Originally posted by gloco

Well, after what happened to them...can you blame them? I can't...those refs should be shot...oops...off topic...HEADPHONES!!!! Back on topic
very_evil_smiley.gif

George

Perhaps they *should* stop serving beer in Cleveland...

TO THE REFS!!!

Anyway, V600s are crap. The V700s are too but at least the look cool.

I wonder how the V6 drivers would sound in a V700 case... Too expensive for me to try.

Dec 20, 2001 at 4:02 AM Post #29 of 45
Here's my opinion, having heard them in person:
THE V600(DJ) ARE TOTAL, UTTER, COMPLETE, OVERPRICED, VERY BAD, EXCESSIVELY BAD, *UTTERLY* HORRIBLE, CRAPOLA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back