just need little help with receiver. male to male ac power connector?
Aug 15, 2010 at 10:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

RexAeterna

Headphoneus Supremus
i looked everywhere on google and here and i have no idea if there is a term for the connector or not. i'm not sure. well the thing is is i'm using a 1976 vintage craig am/fm stereo receiver and works wonderfully and in mint condition. it has this extra input ac plug-in it looks like to allow more power output for speakers and wondering what the connector is called. i thought it'll just be a simple male to male ac power cord i had to search for but turns out there's more to it. have any ideas? any help is much appreciated :)

Aug 16, 2010 at 3:48 PM Post #3 of 10
yea monoprice was the first place i checked. is it easy to build one? can i just cut like 2 extension cords and match and solder the wires or tape'em? 

Aug 17, 2010 at 5:56 AM Post #6 of 10
thanx for the info. so i take it it's dangerous to make one? i'll take a picture of  back of it in a while. manual can be very hard to find and don't know if my uncle still has it or not. it was given to me and i tried looking info when i first got it but no luck on google or anywhere... even here when i asked about it. 

Aug 17, 2010 at 12:44 PM Post #8 of 10
Most vintage, older receivers have those. I'm pretty sure they're not inputs but actual outputs to pass through power from your the main AC connection. I've powered routers, lamps, and other small low-wattage devices from the rear receptacles in the past.

It's a very good thing you didn't try hooking that up to a power outlet..

Aug 27, 2010 at 7:05 PM Post #9 of 10
Yes that is an output....if you look closley it should say switched or unswitched. This is for another component as said earlier like a tape deck eq or turntable. You would plug the turntable into an unswitched outlet because the power won't start until the tonearm is put over the record and other components would be plugged into switched outlets with the power switch on the unit pushed in so that both components will power on when main power is shunted on. Long live vintage electronics!

Sep 7, 2010 at 7:18 PM Post #10 of 10
sorry i haven't been able to access the internet for some time now..... but i appreciate all the feedback and after short amount of time i felt like a moron and didn't realized it was for accessories and so forth... i never had a receiver before untill this was given to me by my uncle with some custom built floor speakers and couple of bookshelf speakers he had in the attic with some cd players also cause he had no use for'em anymore.

i again aplogize responding so late to this and bumping this thread. i really appreciate all the kind and helpful information provided by everyone here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back