Just my luck...
Jul 22, 2004 at 5:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

remilard

500+ Head-Fier
I heard a knock on the door during my shower, it was the postman with my ety ER-4. So now I am staring at them and my ears are wet so prudence dictates that I wait a few minutes to dry up before I try them.

Jul 22, 2004 at 5:35 PM Post #2 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by remilard
I heard a knock on the door during my shower, it was the postman with my ety ER-4. So now I am staring at them and my ears are wet so prudence dictates that I wait a few minutes to dry up before I try them.

Good call.

Jul 22, 2004 at 6:20 PM Post #3 of 18
Sort of like holding a huge chunk of meat in front of a caged lion.
wink.gif
eek.gif

Jul 22, 2004 at 6:22 PM Post #4 of 18
just stick them in! they'll be fine... really.... you know you want to....
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jul 22, 2004 at 7:33 PM Post #6 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood
Walk around outside for a bit to let your ears dry out.

-Ed

Thats exactly what I did, I walked to the store across the street. I have been listening for a while now. All I have to say now is that ER-4p with the p to s adapter cable amped is amazing. The ER-4p straight out of my Karma is a step behind but kills the PX200s (obviously).

Jul 22, 2004 at 7:36 PM Post #7 of 18
I've been considering those for my portable setup, make sure to give a review after you've had them for a little bit
biggrin.gif

Mar 3, 2005 at 3:42 AM Post #8 of 18
Quote:

Just to show that I learn from mistakes, the westone um2 is due tommorrow so I plan to shower before bed tonight so I will be ready if they come in the morning.

Mar 3, 2005 at 3:45 AM Post #10 of 18
Quote:

Just to show that I learn from mistakes, the westone um2 is due tommorrow so I plan to shower before bed tonight so I will be ready if they come in the morning.

OMG please dont tell me our hobby has gone to such extents where we make alterations to our lifestyle in anticipation of a ear-phone ???
confused.gif

Gasp!

Mar 3, 2005 at 3:48 AM Post #11 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by KenW
Uh, what about Q-Tips?? Clean, dry and listen with no waiting for "dry" time.

My sister tore my eardrum with a Q-Tip when I was three, one will never go near my ear again. There is alcohol but since it is dry here I wouldn't want to make things drier. I was kidding anyway, I got the etys on summer vacation when I was sleeping until ten, if fedex gets here anytime close to shower time in the morning it will be a miracle.

Mar 3, 2005 at 3:49 AM Post #12 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by gsferrari
OMG please dont tell me our hobby has gone to such extents where we make alterations to our lifestyle in anticipation of a ear-phone ???
confused.gif

Gasp!

There have been threads about what haircuts where best with headphones, its already gone well past showering
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 3, 2005 at 3:50 AM Post #13 of 18
Quote:

My sister tore my eardrum with a Q-Tip when I was three, one will never go near my ear again. There is alcohol but since it is dry here I wouldn't want to make things drier. I was kidding anyway, I got the etys on summer vacation when I was sleeping until ten, if fedex gets here anytime close to shower time in the morning it will be a miracle.

Man, she must have dug DEEP to do that. You haven't used one since?? How do you clean your ears?? Don't tell me that wax candle thing that you stick in the ear and light.

Mar 3, 2005 at 3:53 AM Post #14 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by KenW
Man, she must have dug DEEP to do that. You haven't used one since?? How do you clean your ears?? Don't tell me that wax candle thing that you stick in the ear and light.

I wash the outside part in the shower and let the running water wash some of the soap down my ear, that pretty much keeps them clean. Wax accumulates very slowly almost entire in my left ear (the one that was injured) so I put some hydrogen peroxide in about every other week.

Mar 3, 2005 at 4:02 AM Post #15 of 18
Quote:

Never underestimate the delivery guy.
icon10.gif

What happened to the Etys?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back