Just moved to an apartment and I'm ready, just don't know what to do/buy!!
Oct 9, 2014 at 8:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

heaver

New Head-Fier
Okay,
I moved to an apartment this week and I want to get some nice audio here.

The apartment has 6 integrated speakers on the walls. 3 pairs, one in the bedroom, one in the loft and one pair in the living room.
The apartment complex said they couldn't guarantee that the speakers were working. Now, I don't know how good (or ****ty) these speakers are, but in case they are really ****, I can always get decent ones.

The apartment is on the second floor, thin walls like any other condo apartment here in Orlando and has carpet on the floors.

I don't watch or have a tv and I won't buy one. Instead, I decided to spend money on a decent system. My apt has 1100 sqft and I want something that can fill the whole living room+ loft without shaking the neighbors apartments and bothering them with bass.

Like I said, I'll try the built in wall speakers, but in case they don't work or are **** and I have to buy speakers...what exactly is worth it? Like I said, I don't wanna bother the neighbors, So  the most important thing is to fill the space with sound quality without being TOO loud or bass-y. I don't wanna get something I can't use to even 30% of its potential.

The songs will play from my computer. Does it matter how many watts my psu has if I'm gonna have an amp/receiver?

What do I need to buy? Amp or Receiver (remember, no video will EVER go thru this!)? Dac? If my wall speakers don't work, what speakers (even better if they are white and look good)? Audio cables, do they have a specific name?

I was thinking of prioritizing, in terms of money, the amp/receiver and whatever are the components that are gonna generate/process the audio. I could always save money and buy the speakers or better speakers when I had the appropriate space.

Option 1 - The Wall Speakers work  (let's be honest, they're probably ****), but they're alright and I'm gonna use them for now (I'll buy nicer speakers in the future anyway) and also I realize that anything louder will be too loud and not worth it right now so I'll stick with them for the time being, until I move somewhere else in one or two years.

Option 2- The Wall Speakers don't work and I have to buy speakers (everything for that matter).

What do I buy for options 1 and 2? Quality is nice, but remember that I live in an apartment, I can't be too loud and I don't wanna disturb the neighbors. Fill the space without being too loud. I want the BEST COST BENEFIT. Nothing nearly overkill, so don't recommend a thousand dollar amp/receiver cuz i won't be able to push it to its potential. The cheaper the parts the better (as cheap as it can go), but I have NO PROBLEM spending a little if It's gonna be the best thing ever, after all, I'm doing this instead of getting a $1500 70inch TV (doesn't mean I wanna spend all that).

I'm sorry, english is only my third language and I'm not even a good writer in my language so this may be confusing, but any help will be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back