Just lost my Sennheisers today. :(
Jun 7, 2008 at 5:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

JL3001

100+ Head-Fier
Cheers, all, this is my first post here. Wonderful forum.

I'm a bit miffed and saddened, my Sennheiser PX100s, barely 6 months old, have pretty much shorted out. The left channel is gone, and no matter how much I fiddle with the cord it doesn't come back. I loved those phones, and while I used them often (pretty much everyday), I tried not to wrap the cord or anything of the sort, and I tried to keep the volume down on my MP3 player.

This is the second pair of headphones to die out on me in the last few months. Before I had a pair of Koss KSC75s, and those went out in the same way. Now I'm stuck on some cheap cruddy Sony clipped phones until I can find a replacement. The difference between them and the Senns are incredible...and not in a good way.

Is there any way to prevent short outs, or at least make them less likely?

Thanks.

JL3001

Jun 7, 2008 at 5:40 AM Post #2 of 17
well, keeping the px100s in the provided plastic case should help them from getting damaged. Have you contacted sennheiser about getting them repaired?

Jun 7, 2008 at 5:40 AM Post #3 of 17
Welcome! Out of curiosity, what mp3 player do you have? Shot in the dark, but I suppose frequent plugging/unplugging of the jack might have something to do with it. There are people on this forum that are much more knowledgeable than I am; hopefully they'll chime in.

Jun 7, 2008 at 5:59 AM Post #4 of 17
Welcome to Head-Fi!
smily_headphones1.gif

...and sorry about the loss.

Jun 7, 2008 at 6:11 AM Post #5 of 17
There's a two year warranty on those headphones. Contact Sennheiser, I'm sure they'll do something for you.

I had a pair of Sennheiser PX 200s and they went out in a familiar way. The left wire began to be exposed. The plastic wrapping was coming apart. The sound eventually cut out. But they were over 2 years old.

Jun 7, 2008 at 6:19 AM Post #7 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Welcome to Head-Fi!
smily_headphones1.gif

...and sorry about the loss.

^ talking about his wallet right? Not the Senns...

OP, in case you didn't already know, we joke about wallets all the time on Head-fi since joining this site is gonna drain your wallet...
biggrin.gif

Anyway, regarding your Senn and KSC75, why don't you send them in for warranty? Koss has lifetime warranty, try to see what they can do for ya.

Anyway, if you're feeling a little adventurous, I suggest you take a peek in the DIY forum stickies on how to replace your cables yourself. Quite simple really.

Cheers and best of luck!
Oh and as the saying goes around here, Welcome to Head-Fi, Sorry about the wallet!
wink.gif

Jun 7, 2008 at 7:57 AM Post #8 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by wrecked_porsche /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^ talking about his wallet right? Not the Senns...

OP, in case you didn't already know, we joke about wallets all the time on Head-fi since joining this site is gonna drain your wallet...
biggrin.gif

Anyway, regarding your Senn and KSC75, why don't you send them in for warranty? Koss has lifetime warranty, try to see what they can do for ya.

Anyway, if you're feeling a little adventurous, I suggest you take a peek in the DIY forum stickies on how to replace your cables yourself. Quite simple really.

Cheers and best of luck!
Oh and as the saying goes around here, Welcome to Head-Fi, Sorry about the wallet!
wink.gif

well if it's still under warantee i wouldnt reccomend that, but if it isn't i would have to agree with this

Jun 7, 2008 at 8:53 AM Post #11 of 17
A perfect opportunity to start inhaling the solder fumes!

Resistance is futile...

Jun 7, 2008 at 4:14 PM Post #12 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by exe163 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Take this as an opportunity to upgrade!

I do this everytime my stuff stops working... lol
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back