Just lost my ER6i's
Feb 27, 2005 at 3:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

midlife

100+ Head-Fier
The black pouch containing my Ety ER6i's and my old custom earmold musicians plugs must have fallen out of my pocket. Luckily the ipod remained.

I'm obviously p****d, but really I don't quite know what to make of canal phones. They sounded pretty good, but you can't move while wearing them, footfalls reverberate through my head. I don't travel enough at the moment to take advantage of the isolation aspect either. I bought them because I thought I would need isolating phones for field recording, and critical listening in my home studio and they are okay for both of these purposes - I especially like the small size. I used them with my ipod unamped and they sounded good but I guess the bottom line is I have other cans that sound better (Grado 325 and AKG 401) and I rally like my PX100's for portable use in non noisy environments.

So...What do I replace them with? Isolation and maybe portability are the key issues, as is price of course. PX200, 280mpro, cheaper sp25's, Maybe Beyer's or AT's. Anything isolate as well as the ER6i? It's unlikely that i can audition any of these in Ottawa, so suggestions would be appreciated.
thanks.

Mar 2, 2005 at 3:45 AM Post #3 of 4
sorry to hear about your lost. are you wearing them upwards? i have the E3c's and it never falls off, even when i'm on the treadmills. so maybe you're wearing them wrong because canalphones shouldn't be designed for limited movement. maybe you should get the E3c's!

Mar 2, 2005 at 4:11 AM Post #4 of 4
I'm sorry to hear that...it happens to the best of us. I'll be sure to keep a lookout for the black case when im in ottawa or when im skiing in the "quebec hills"
smily_headphones1.gif
where ever you lost them. But now is a good time to UPGRADE! or come to the ottawa meet and listen to some headphones
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back