Just lost my Bose MIE2i's, PLEASE HELP!
Apr 13, 2012 at 10:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

derberts

New Head-Fier
Hello people,

I am brand new to this forum and thought you could help me.  I just lost my Bose MIE2i's the other day and need a new set of earbuds.  I'm not an audiophile like some of you, but I can definitely appreciate good audio when I hear it.  However, the Bose MIE2i's were one of the only 2 sets of higher end headphones I've ever owned.  I also had the Klipsch S4i's, but I thought they weren't as good as the Bose - I don't know if that means anything to you.   

I've read a number of reviews, including most of that thread on IEM's.  I was really interested in the re262's and GR07's, but they don't have volume control and a microphone.  I have an iPhone 4S, and would like to have volume control and a mic as part of the whole package, but if you guys think that really limits me in terms of sound quality, I won't mind making that sacrifice.   

I guess it would be important to tell you what kind of music I listen to, and that is everything.  Trance, classical, metal, rock, alternative, piano and even a bit of rap.  I guess I'm looking for a really good all around pair of IEM's.  I was also interested in the HF3's because of their iphone compatibility, but I've heard that they aren't as full sounding and lack bass.  

Please help a newbie, any help would be very much appreciated.  

Apr 13, 2012 at 1:34 PM Post #3 of 5
A good place to start then would probably be a Shure SE215 with the Mic cable. Easily a good entry level IEM. From what I recall, it's a warm sounding piece with slightly rolled off treble, so it's easier on the ears. Enough bass to satisfy most people's needs too.

Apr 13, 2012 at 2:24 PM Post #4 of 5
The Klipsch Image X10i, X5 (highly recommended because it's detailed not overly warm and full sounding) are full sounding detailed IEMs and they are fun to listen and other IEMs like HF5, Sony EX600 are highly recommended too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back