Just looking for a solid all-around headphone closed/open with high end clarity at the forefront. $200-250 budget.
Jul 11, 2013 at 12:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

BrNexus7

New Head-Fier
Hi, I'm going to try and give you a very detailed description of the kind of audio quality I'm looking for in a pair of headphones. I'm buying these headphones unheard, so I really want to make the right choice. I've asked for recommendations before, but I didn't get much feedback. I would like to keep my budget at $200, but I would be willing to go up to $250 if you think it will make a difference. Hopefully the description below will give you good indication of what I'm looking for. Thank You. 

- I want vocals to come off super clear and pristine without siblance. I can't stress this enough, I don't want laid back highs. High end clarity is probably the most important quality I look for in my audio gear.  

- I want the mids to remain natural sounding. My HD280's are too mid forward to me, especially in the 500Hz range. I don't want to have to mess with equalizers to achieve a natural sound. I'd rather have a slight mid scoop than a boost in mids. 

- Bass needs to be punchy, but I don't want the bass killing the midrange, or overall detail to the sound. My HD280's are very thin sounding in the bass department. 

- They need to be able to handle fast music like thrash metal without losing articulation, but still remain punchy enough for EDM.  

All recommendations will be highly appreciated. 

Jul 11, 2013 at 12:57 PM Post #2 of 7
Hd 598 or ad900x or k701

Jul 11, 2013 at 3:10 PM Post #3 of 7
I have the ad700's but have listened to the ad900x, vocals are really awesome with them,bass a bit lacking for some but its there so my vote goes for them.

Jul 11, 2013 at 5:33 PM Post #5 of 7
Quote:
Do you think the  closed back A900X would provide better bass response?  

I'm going to guess the A900X will provide more bass then the AD900X.
To me the bass on the A900X is just right, for me.

Jul 11, 2013 at 8:59 PM Post #6 of 7
Quote:
Do you think the  closed back A900X would provide better bass response?  

Yes most likely as its closed not open though I have no experience with A700,A900 ATH line just the AD line.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back