Just like to say....
Aug 5, 2001 at 10:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

davidcotton

X-CANs and HDAMs
I'd just like to say thanks to Martin Orford the Keyboard player in a british band called IQ who has saved my life!!

The new IQ cd Seventh House came out just before last christmas. Put it on the Marantz cd player and was really getting into it when all of a sudden on the last track it jumped, skipped and whirred to a stop with about 2 minutes of the track remaining! Tried it again same thing. So I sent the cd back to the mail order company that I use and they sent me a replacement, same thing same place arrgh. So the mail order company got intouch with the band to let them know there was a problem and it turns out there was a fault on the master disc that only the marantz players seemed perceptible to so they did a remaster! Got one of these through and, youve guessed it nothing
mad.gif
rolleyes.gif
So by this time I got fed up with the situation and sent back the third copy to the mail order company who were great and just sent me something in its place (didnt even charge p+p hows that!!
biggrin.gif
) E-mailed Martin Orford at the bands website to let him know the situation and thought that was it.

About a two weeks later Martin e-mailed me to say he thought I had recieved an original batch disc by mistake and if I sent him it back then he would send me a new one. I wrote back saying that I had already sent the cd back to the mail order company, but I would be willing to buy a fourth copy to give it a go.

Martin then e-mailed me to say that he thought I had had enough trouble with this so he would send me a copy free!!

It arrived two days later and IT WORKS
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
no jumping skipping nothing.

Its a great album and I would just like to say thanks again!!

Its nice in this day and age of manufactured boy/girl bands that some groups genuinely care about their fans!!

Sorry for the long post by the way
tongue.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 8, 2001 at 6:35 PM Post #2 of 4
congrats with the cd
smily_headphones1.gif

how good exactly is the album? the people at DPRP are really into nitpicking about small issues...they didn't seem too positive. got very good responses from the fans tho.

Aug 8, 2001 at 6:46 PM Post #3 of 4
I think its amazing (now I can play it)

Instead of trying to out do Subterranea which frankly they never could do, they went back to the style of the previous album and advanced that on instead. If you have a DVD Player the subterranea concert is coming out about October/November time!

Incidentally how was the Hols?! More importantly how was the weather?

Aug 8, 2001 at 7:13 PM Post #4 of 4
dude, you won't believe it
smily_headphones1.gif
. you go to england and what happens? a bloody heatwave
cool.gif
biggrin.gif
damn, 30degrees C man, no rain! country is great too (bit more shapy than hereabouts
wink.gif
) great beer, great pubs, great cheese
smily_headphones1.gif
only some rain the last few days, but we were on the way back anyway.

and yeah, I need a DVD badly. the DreamTheater concert Scenes From New York is supposed to be amazing as well
smily_headphones1.gif
ah well, can't have it all, the cd allone will have to do. I'm assembling a big order at the mo, got some cash burning holes in my pocket (been 3 weeks without a new cd
eek.gif
), maybe I'll add the IQ album as well, but I want to keep it within reason
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back