Just installed a new Auzentech X-Fi Forte sound card and...
Mar 1, 2011 at 7:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

PinkFlag

Head-Fier
I'm hearing static through my (new) AKG K702 headphones when I play music on my computer through iTunes.
Computer audio is not my area of expertise to say the least. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Mar 1, 2011 at 7:58 PM Post #2 of 9
Sound issues aren't too uncommon with the Forte, but some are easily solved and the card is pretty good for what it is, so you might want to check around in this forum and on the web.  I was having problems with static and strange hums, and it was solved by putting electrical tape on the metal tab of the card so it was somewhat insulated from my aluminum case.

Have you been able to do some basic troubleshooting?  Like have you tried using a different set of headphones (you said they're new, but maybe they're too sensitive or the cord is picking up something), or reseating the card, or using another slot (if you have a spare)?

Mar 2, 2011 at 1:44 PM Post #5 of 9
Also, make sure iTunes' EQ and other effects are off as well as any other special effects in your operating system's sound settings.

Mar 4, 2011 at 4:16 PM Post #6 of 9
I checked my speakers and it seems there is static being produced through them as well. So, it's not the headphones. It has to be something pertaining to the computer itself. My motherboard, sound card AND headphones are all brand new! I don't get it! :|

Mar 4, 2011 at 4:31 PM Post #7 of 9
did you switch off your sound device on motherboard in bios ? you can check also in Control Panel -> Hardware And Sound -> Sound if your new card is actualy in use.

Mar 5, 2011 at 5:12 PM Post #9 of 9
I think I figured it out. I believe the K702's in conjunction with the Forte are just too good and too revealing. It's picking up every detail in the music. The reason I believe this is because when I tried it switching to the onboard soundcard, the static was less prominent and the music was less detailed in comparison to the Forte.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back