Just in: GenerationMP3 updates its mp3 player SQ rankings. Guess which ones win?
Apr 29, 2008 at 9:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

neoufo51

500+ Head-Fier
classementaudio2qe9.jpg

See how they tested here.
(Translated from French to English)
Translated version of http://mp3.generationmp3.com/2008/04/28/15-baladeurs-mp3-classes-suivant-leur-qualite-audio

Apr 29, 2008 at 3:43 PM Post #5 of 17
I hated this test. It's really not objective and even if I keep this in mind then I still think this test is just ridiculous!

I mean, The Sony flash players have the same drivers and almost exactly the same SQ (I own both!!)

The Nano sound worse then the Classic?!?!?! and the Touch sounds worse then both Classic and Nano?!?! I also own them all three (or have owned them at the same time) and can assure you the touch has best SQ and the nano and classic sound the same.

And the Samsungs on top?! Yeah right.

greetz

Apr 29, 2008 at 6:18 PM Post #7 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by ricthaman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I hated this test. It's really not objective and even if I keep this in mind then I still think this test is just ridiculous!

I mean, The Sony flash players have the same drivers and almost exactly the same SQ (I own both!!)

The Nano sound worse then the Classic?!?!?! and the Touch sounds worse then both Classic and Nano?!?! I also own them all three (or have owned them at the same time) and can assure you the touch has best SQ and the nano and classic sound the same.

And the Samsungs on top?! Yeah right.

greetz

I thought the Classic had the best SQ out of all 3.

Apr 29, 2008 at 6:25 PM Post #8 of 17
I also find this amusing since their are post all over the place how bad the SQ is on the classic but yet by this ranking it's the best of the pods!

If you DAP connects to an amp via the headphone (amped) out then you can't have better sound as GARBARGE is injected into the signal by the power of the headphone out plain and simple. If you are pulling the file right off the drive into your amp with no buffers/filters then you have the best your file will ever sound:wink:

I'm sure Steve jobs smiles everytime he see's this ranking having that pesky Zune up their over his worthless iPods :-0 LOL

Apr 29, 2008 at 7:25 PM Post #11 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by RedSky0 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A810 and S610 have the same audio drivers right? So ...

Same audio drivers but the jack out is more cleaner on the A810.

This ranking is based on use with IEM and high end IEM which have greater sensitivity to hear defects.
It is primarily based on the absence of hiss and parasite coupled with quality sound at SQ flat
This row could be different if we had used full size headphones, as it says it is subjective it just gives an indication to use with iem, after everyone sees the next sound he prefers following the mark because all are very good DAP (apart from those in red line).
Sorry for my english.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back