Just hit...
Sep 6, 2001 at 8:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

davidcotton

X-CANs and HDAMs
The credit card (again!) and got three new cds, picking up a fourth one hopefully this weekend, so that lot should keep me going, incidentally two of em are doubles!!

I went and got (and I wont be at all surprised if you havent heard of any of em
tongue.gif
)

Henry Fool - Henry Fool Got this one because its got the drummer from Pendragon in it.

Magenta - Reflections. Had a free sampler disc from el obscureo record label in the uk, this album had 5 tracks on it, and found I couldnt stop playing it, so coughed up for the album proper.

Leonardo - The Absolute Man A concept album with lots of different artists on it (about 21 I think according to a website!) the main vocalist is the bloke from Dream Theater (now you must of heard of them!)along with some others....

and finally the big one (well relative to me anyway
biggrin.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
)

Dare Belief

Its been about four years or so since the last Dare album, already heard a couple of tracks played on www.totalrock.com on saturdays after 6pm uk time, and it rocks, absoluetly brilliant celtic rock at its very finest.

The downside? aside from Dare I had to get all the others mail order so wont be getting those until next week at the earliest
mad.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 14, 2001 at 5:43 PM Post #2 of 6
got "Leonardo" today (and Michelle Young - Marked for Madness is coming too
smily_headphones1.gif
). pretty cool so far (not through it yet).
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 16, 2001 at 9:37 PM Post #3 of 6
Got the stranger cds yet Braver? Myself I picked up the new Ten cd which is a little more aor for me but still pretty good.

I was even able to buy it in a shop for a change!!!
biggrin.gif
tongue.gif

Dec 16, 2001 at 10:22 PM Post #4 of 6
lol
smily_headphones1.gif
stores usually have Arena, Pendragon, Marillion and DreamTheater, but more obscure stuff is hard to find.

ordering "Leonardo: the absolute man" at the store was funny. after having a hard time explaining there wasn't a real band behind it, I just agreed with calling the 'band' Leonardo and calling the CD 'the absolute man'
tongue.gif
however, when I came to pick it up another guy thought Magna Carta was the band
rolleyes.gif

anyway, it's a really good disc. gonna listen to it with the lyrics today, now that I've got the hang of most of the music. some vocal harmonies seem a bit shoddy, but maybe they make more sense when I know which part is sung by who. they're not afraid to go heavy, I like that.

and I haven't got the Strangers discs yet. I got some new music for a while (Michelle's coming next week I think), so I'll just wait till January. if they haven't shipped by then I'll just order them from somewhere else.

BTW, I saw IQ - The Wake for cheap. the booklet had no lyrics tho. not that I get much of the lyrics of Subterranea, but do you know if other versions come with the lyrics?

Dec 16, 2001 at 10:47 PM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally posted by Braver
lol
smily_headphones1.gif
stores usually have Arena, Pendragon, Marillion and DreamTheater, but more obscure stuff is hard to find.

ordering "Leonardo: the absolute man" at the store was funny. after having a hard time explaining there wasn't a real band behind it, I just agreed with calling the 'band' Leonardo and calling the CD 'the absolute man'
tongue.gif
however, when I came to pick it up another guy thought Magna Carta was the band
rolleyes.gif

anyway, it's a really good disc. gonna listen to it with the lyrics today, now that I've got the hang of most of the music. some vocal harmonies seem a bit shoddy, but maybe they make more sense when I know which part is sung by who. they're not afraid to go heavy, I like that.

and I haven't got the Strangers discs yet. I got some new music for a while (Michelle's coming next week I think), so I'll just wait till January. if they haven't shipped by then I'll just order them from somewhere else.

BTW, I saw IQ - The Wake for cheap. the booklet had no lyrics tho. not that I get much of the lyrics of Subterranea, but do you know if other versions come with the lyrics?

Thats why I use the mail order company!

The last straw was going into my local record shop and asking if they knew when the latest Rick Wakeman cd was out the reply was "how do you spell wakeman then???"!!!!!!!!!!!!!
biggrin.gif
tongue.gif
eek.gif
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back