Just heard XM radio.Sounds good
Dec 21, 2001 at 10:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Tuberoller

Divorced an Orpheus to keep his wife.
I know the hype around XM radio has been big and I never even considered buying a receiver, but my Dad just bought a 2002 Cadillac Deville DTS that believe it or not, has a buit-in XM receiver.It is not " CD quality" sound as I have heard on early ads,but it is a fantastic improvement over FM radio.There is actually real fidelity to be heard.The fact that the Jazz station my Dad was listening to played very good music with no commercials further swayed my opinion.What damaged it somewhat was when flipping through the stations I came across a station playing uncensored ganster rap.I have not figured out how to block these stations yet, although I see that feature is available.The signal was always strong and the sound quality was consistant.I think I might buy a reciever for myself.The fact that GM has gotten behind this technology to the point that they now offer it as an option is encouraging.I wish it was an option on my M3.If you don't believe the hype about cd quality sound and give XM a listen I think you will like the real high fidelity sound it is capable of providing.

Dec 21, 2001 at 10:48 AM Post #2 of 3
I like the occasional Gangsta Rap tune. But I get funny looks because I'm white as a ghost.

I've been skeptical about XM radio but I may have to try it out now. Especially if the jazz station plays good stuff. What kind of jazz was it? What else was there worth listening to?

Dec 21, 2001 at 11:33 PM Post #3 of 3
Hi Nezer,

The Jazz station plays a lot of Miles and Trane' but I also enjoyed some very modern Jazz.There are 3 jazz stations.I also heard a very good Reggae station and some good R&B on another.There are a total of 100 stations.You should visit the site athttp://www.xmradio.com .I think you will like what you hear.Again,I would ignore the claims of "cd quality sound".I think the technology here is promising.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back