Just got Turbines
Apr 22, 2009 at 11:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

Neijii

100+ Head-Fier
So I ordered the turbines from macmall yesterday and did the 2 day shipping and received it next day. I tried it with the tips already on it and it didn't feel right so I switched to the tri tips and they still feel a bit weird..kinda soft for my liking.

Aside from the tips the sound was great..bass was perfect and the details were great. Isolation isn't as good as my er-6i but it could be the tips.

I gave them to my girlfriend to try and she said "wow..amazing..sounds like I'm really there".

Thanks for your suggestions and guiding me to these babies. Are there tips that are better than the stock tips for the turbines? I think I'd enjoy them even more with better tips.

Apr 23, 2009 at 12:02 AM Post #5 of 22
The Sony hybrid Silicone (EP-EX10A) tips.

027242748149.jpg

Or you could try the foam under silicone tip mods I've done here:
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/m...ml#post5593857
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/m...ml#post5606423

I've also tried the foam under silicone mod with the Sony hybrid tips rather than the stock Turbine tips and they're the best combination I've tried so far.

DSC00930Small.jpg

I also use one black and one white tip in order to make it easier to differentiate between left and right in the dark.

Apr 23, 2009 at 12:08 AM Post #6 of 22
I love the Sony Hybrid tips as they are comfortable, add to the sound quality and increase isolation, you can get them online or at just about any Sony Style store I believe. I picked mine up locally saving shipping costs and time. They fit on the Turbines perfectly. BTW don't you love the solid metal of the Turbines, they make swapping out of tips easy and without risk (aside from maybe tearing the tips).

Apr 23, 2009 at 12:25 AM Post #8 of 22
Glad you like them.
wink.gif

Apr 23, 2009 at 12:47 AM Post #10 of 22
They say they do in the US on their website, but not in Canada. Sony Style stores in Canada for sure do but you will want to confirm with the specific locations.

Apr 23, 2009 at 1:50 AM Post #11 of 22
Another vote for the Sony tips.

Also, congrats and glad you're liking your new Turbines. They'll settle down a bit after some listening time/burn in happens.

Apr 23, 2009 at 1:58 AM Post #12 of 22
They definitely sound better after a night of burnin and then just get better and better as you use them (I hear 100hrs is about the full burnin time).

Apr 23, 2009 at 2:52 PM Post #14 of 22
i will be the odd one out - but ety low density foamies were better than comply for my tastes. the music was more balanced and the stage more open with these tips though they are quite ugly. just the yellow foamies that come with ety - not the high density complies. though those provide excellent isolation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back