Just got the Shure SE530's...and cannot for the life of me get the medium tips off
Feb 1, 2009 at 12:47 PM Post #16 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Crackerman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got them off eventually. I'm not impressed by them so far though. Even with a perfect seal it feels like every frequency has way too much emphasis, like the music is right up in my face and really lacking soundstage. I think I may stick to the TF10s.

hmmm every frequency is emphasized; turn the volume down and they should be perfect
tongue.gif

I actually found the SE530 to have a larger soundstage to triple-fi. the triples mids are also recessed to my ears.

Feb 2, 2009 at 5:27 PM Post #18 of 27
Funny, just got my 530's today and was a bit concerned at first when trying to remove the mediums. There is definitely more effort and technique required to remove the tips than with my other Shure's (e3's and e4's). After going to the larges and now back to the mediums, it seems to be getting smoother.

Feb 3, 2009 at 4:34 AM Post #19 of 27
just got mine and cant get them off, i actually havnt tried that much but im so worried bout breaking that damn stem, if that happens then its all over isnt it

Feb 3, 2009 at 6:32 AM Post #20 of 27
The stems are surprisingly tough. It helps if you alternate sides of the tip a bit and work them off with your finger nail. I'm still swapping tips back and forth trying to find my favorite and it does seem to get easier.

I'm still trying to get used to how these snug up into your ear, very different than my lesser Shures (I usually don't route the wire behind my ear). I love how the phone itself fits, but I just ordered the Phonak Silicone Ear Guides since the wire doesn't like to route up and over my ear... sort of slides off the top.

Feb 3, 2009 at 6:55 AM Post #21 of 27
Its such a hassle trying to get them off im tempted to just leave the ones they come with on, but for the chance of better SQ with other tips curiousity is getting the better of me and i just have to try them. meanwhile still no luck,wont budge!

Feb 3, 2009 at 6:56 AM Post #22 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Topmounter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The stems are surprisingly tough. It helps if you alternate sides of the tip a bit and work them off with your finger nail. I'm still swapping tips back and forth trying to find my favorite and it does seem to get easier.

I'm still trying to get used to how these snug up into your ear, very different than my lesser Shures (I usually don't route the wire behind my ear). I love how the phone itself fits, but I just ordered the Phonak Silicone Ear Guides since the wire doesn't like to route up and over my ear... sort of slides off the top.

If you pull the little "Shure" branded thing near the split of the cable up towards your chin it tightens the wires around your ear so it will be impossible for it to come off unintentionally.

Feb 3, 2009 at 7:05 AM Post #23 of 27
oh update, i got one off, guess what i used!the lil ear wax removal tool, just slid it between the plastic sleeve and the plastic nozzle and jimmied it around just to break the suction or stickiness between the two then after that it SLOWLY started coming off, no wonder these shure wires break so fast all that twisting to get them in your ear then all the twisting to get tips on and off its no wonder eh guys

Feb 3, 2009 at 7:11 AM Post #24 of 27
I had a really hard time getting them off when I first got mine a few weeks ago. I eventually found that if I squeeze the tip firmly, but not too hard, between the tip of my thumb and my index finger (not the tip of the index finger, about where the finger bends) and twist they come off pretty easily. I spent about an hour and a half the first day trying to get just one off. Since I figured out this technique, its very easy, only takes a few seconds now! Squeeze and twist!

Feb 3, 2009 at 7:12 AM Post #25 of 27
oh wow what a mission, ok last one off this time using a dentists probe pick! im guessing shure expect the first ones to be ripped off unsuccessfully and thats why theres an extra set of mediums of the foams, anyone noticed that?

Feb 3, 2009 at 11:15 AM Post #26 of 27
Haha, I did notice that. My first set took a bit of a beating, but they're still in perfectly usable condition.

Squeeze and twist! Its all in the squeeze and twist
wink.gif

Apr 28, 2009 at 11:43 AM Post #27 of 27
Hey everyone. Just got my Shures yesterday. Ran into the same problem the first few attempts at removing the tips. I tried the freezing technique to no available. The hair dryer did the trick though. About 1 minute of heating on each bud and then a fairly gentle pull and they came right off... of course now I'm trying the large foam tips and they're not a perfect fit either... back to the hair dryer!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back