Just got The Sennheiser HD598 and looking for a dac/amp
Dec 1, 2014 at 1:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Sbuchanan813

New Head-Fier
Hey everyone, new to this site and first let me apologize for starting this thread but I was so confused with all the other threads and replies. I just got the HD598's off of Amazon for 99 bucks from their Deal of the Day, and am interested in getting an amp/dac. I have mostly FLAC files and I keep reading these headphones don't really need an amp, but of course there are others that say they benefit from them as well. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I don't want to spend more than 200 bucks. Thank's in advance, and I am mad at myself that I just found this site!!!

Dec 1, 2014 at 1:36 AM Post #3 of 5
Schitt Modi + Magni will work great. Fiio E10K is good and cheap. Fiio E17 also gives a portable option. Audio Engine D1, iBasso D42 & Audinst HUD-MX1 all look interesting. Lots of good choices!

Dec 1, 2014 at 2:15 AM Post #4 of 5
  Hey everyone, new to this site and first let me apologize for starting this thread but I was so confused with all the other threads and replies. I just got the HD598's off of Amazon for 99 bucks from their Deal of the Day, and am interested in getting an amp/dac. I have mostly FLAC files and I keep reading these headphones don't really need an amp, but of course there are others that say they benefit from them as well. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I don't want to spend more than 200 bucks. Thank's in advance, and I am mad at myself that I just found this site!!!

It might help just a little to say what source your gong to be plugging the DAC/amp into?
I would assuming it's some sort of computer? maybe Skynet? or Colossus?

The FiiO E10K USB/DAC/amp ($75) is a good bang for the buck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back