Just got the MDR-V700DJ headphones
Sep 19, 2002 at 12:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 30

JROCK

New Head-Fier
The only reason i bought these was cause they was out of the MDR-V6 is there a big difference between the 2? Im pretty happy with the bass that these headphones produce since i like to listen to rap/hiphop/alternative. Are headphones like speakers should i not turn them up loud until i burn them in and if i do have to burn them in how long until you can really push these things. If you guys would reply it would be much apreciated
smily_headphones1.gif

THX,, Justin

Sep 19, 2002 at 12:10 AM Post #2 of 30
I would return them and buy the MDR-V6. You'll get a much better headphone for a much lower price.

Sep 19, 2002 at 12:11 AM Post #3 of 30
jrock, maybe you're happy right now with the bass on the MDR-V700DJ's with the types of music that you listen to - but my experience with the MDR-V700DJ's showed otherwise. The bass became too overpowering - and it practically doesn't go at all deep. The highs are too sizzly, as well (yep, that's sizzly in a craptacular way - too much raspy sibilant mid-treble, and practically no high treble whatsoever).

In other words, you've bought the WRONG headphones for the WRONG job (and note that two WRONG's don't make it RIGHT); you'll grow tired of the overpowering, extremely boomy (though not at all deep) bass rather quickly. Eagle_Driver says, "I would use the MDR-V700DJ's only for DJ club work, not for play."

Sep 19, 2002 at 12:30 AM Post #4 of 30
Guys, let's be gentle. . .

JROCK: What we mean, is that you could have gotten better headphones for the price. The V700 aren't considered to be that great. You would be better served by returning them, and buying the older sony v6/7506.

Sep 19, 2002 at 12:34 AM Post #6 of 30
Magicthyse should be angry too...there's not enough room on Head-fi for TWO MDR-V700DJ fans! He will no longer be able to say he belongs to the Army of One...JROCK just enlisted and doubled their size! The MDR-V700DJ's can't be that bad...their population growth on Head-fi just doubled in such short time.

Sep 19, 2002 at 3:01 AM Post #7 of 30
Quote:

Originally posted by Tim D
...their population growth on Head-fi just doubled in such short time.

Which can only mean one thing....

Sep 19, 2002 at 4:40 AM Post #9 of 30
Saving even one person from buying crappy headphones makes posting here worth it.
smily_headphones1.gif

Biggie.

Sep 19, 2002 at 4:51 AM Post #11 of 30
Wow JROCK you sure acted quickly. Original post at 5PM (pdt) Posted that they had been exchanged at 9PM.

Here is why like being part of this forum. After reading so much about how crapty the V700DJ are the replies were very polite and informative.

Sep 19, 2002 at 5:38 AM Post #13 of 30
Quote:

Wow guys thx alot i took the MDR-V700DJ headphones back and got the MDR-V6 and they sound quite a bit better thx for the info

Oh dear. Magicthyse will be so very disappointed.
frown.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

Good choice, and welcome to Head-fi. Sorry about your wallet...
biggrin.gif

(You've been here a few days, but I think I'm the first to say it.
smily_headphones1.gif
)

Sep 19, 2002 at 6:21 AM Post #14 of 30
Quote:

Originally posted by radrd
Oh dear. Magicthyse will be so very disappointed.
frown.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

Good choice, and welcome to Head-fi. Sorry about your wallet...
biggrin.gif

(You've been here a few days, but I think I'm the first to say it.
smily_headphones1.gif
)

So uh JRock can you tell us or tell me what YOU noticed between the V6's and the V700's? It would be nice to hear what you think of the two.

Sep 19, 2002 at 6:46 AM Post #15 of 30
Amazing how quickly peer pressure works for the sheep, huh?
very_evil_smiley.gif

Sorry you missed out on the fun.

And yes, to adjust my future recommendations more than anything else, it'll be interesting to see why you chose the V6 over the V700.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back