Just got the Klipsch S4i - where's the metal case???
Oct 26, 2009 at 10:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

kloan

1000+ Head-Fier
I must say I'm pretty damn disappointed when I opened my package and didn't find the metal case the S4 comes with.

How can they possibly justify not including it with these? I'm already paying extra for the inline remote, so I don't see why the metal case isn't still included.

Argh!!! I'm pissed.
mad.gif

(btw, they sound good so far.)

Oct 26, 2009 at 10:20 PM Post #2 of 16
I heard that S4i didn't come with a case and I thought it was misinformation. Now that it's verified, I wonder why klipsch decided not include it for the S4i. I would contact klipsch and ask/demand a case free of charge (including shipping).

Oct 26, 2009 at 10:22 PM Post #3 of 16
You know what, I actually will contact them. I don't think it's fair they didn't include it.

Oct 26, 2009 at 10:28 PM Post #4 of 16
You want mine? I never use it. I can't deal with cases where you have to wrap anything inside. Better off with a Penguin mint tin. Actually, just checked and the inside come out, so it can be used without the wrapping thingie. But try Amy, the Klipsch rep in the Klipsch forum. Or call them.

Oh, they have not have the metal case because the S4i may not fit properly, since it does wrap around something. Just a thought.

Oct 26, 2009 at 10:30 PM Post #5 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You want mine? I never use it. I can't deal with cases where you have to wrap anything inside. Better off with a Penguin mint tin.

Ok, you edited so I'll edit too...

I emailed Klipsch support.. I'll see if they send me one. I don't think the remote is an issue.. it's relatively small, I think it'd still fit even with the wire coiled up.

Oct 26, 2009 at 10:32 PM Post #6 of 16
Quote:

You want mine? I never use it. I can't deal with cases where you have to wrap anything inside. Better off with a Penguin mint tin.

you have any other cases laying around that you don't want...?

Oct 26, 2009 at 10:34 PM Post #8 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by kloan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Serious? Sure man that'd be great... nice of you to offer!
smily_headphones1.gif

PM me details if Klipsch won't send you one. Of course, postage is on you. I can stick it in a padded envelope, slow boat (First Class).

Oct 26, 2009 at 10:36 PM Post #9 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by muxenle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
you have any other cases laying around that you don't want...?

I use a soft Ety case and sometimes the Atrio case, which is larger. But not much of a fan of metal cases, and most of the time, I wear my phones outside the house.

Oct 26, 2009 at 10:37 PM Post #10 of 16
Quote:

PM me details if Klipsch won't send you one. Of course, postage is on you. I can stick it in a padded envelope, slow boat (First Class).

k, right on man... will do.

Oct 27, 2009 at 4:43 AM Post #12 of 16
Actually I got the Si model when I bought mine because they were sold out of the regular one and I thought it might be nice having a mic and the controls even though I have an Ipod Touch instead of the phone.

I like the little bag they come with, it allows me to keep them put away when not in use and traveling without the bulk of the metal case, something I would not want carry around if I had it.

If you can get them to send you one, all the power to you, but you might want to consider the usefullness of the cloth bag.

Oct 27, 2009 at 4:57 AM Post #13 of 16
To you guys with the S4i, klipsch made it very clear that they do not guarantee the microphone will work on other devices and only apple's stuff. Is this true? I didn't understand it very clearly but are they saying the buttons on the S4i will not function but the mic capability will? Or will the whole thing be moot and just be used as another pair of IEM's if I used it on my phone.

Oct 27, 2009 at 5:21 AM Post #14 of 16
Sorry, I don't own any other portable other than my Ipod Touch so I won't be able to help much other than to say I have tried using my S4i with my amp and an extension cable and had to fiddle with the plug, inserting it in only part of the way to get proper stereo sound so this may be what happens with other non-apple and I suspect older model apple ipods.

Oct 29, 2009 at 12:43 AM Post #15 of 16
Quote:

no dice from Klipsch.. YGPM
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back