Just got the HD650s, not pleased. Please help!
Jun 19, 2010 at 12:06 PM Post #76 of 82
Thanks for all the comments guys, but I think I will be selling the HD650.  They sound nice and reveal a lot of detail but I think I will prefer a different sound signature with the type of music I listen to.  I don't want to keep playing with it anymore to get it to sound the way I want.

Jun 19, 2010 at 2:08 PM Post #77 of 82
That should really be all she wrote. 

Don't kill yourself trying to like a phone that isn't for you.

Jun 19, 2010 at 8:41 PM Post #78 of 82

Quote:
Thanks for all the comments guys, but I think I will be selling the HD650.  They sound nice and reveal a lot of detail but I think I will prefer a different sound signature with the type of music I listen to.  I don't want to keep playing with it anymore to get it to sound the way I want.

Just curious, did you buy them new?

USG

Jun 20, 2010 at 12:06 AM Post #79 of 82
You aren't crazy.  I bought the HD650s new as well without listening to them (a few years ago).  They are muddy and veiled. Smooth but not the sound I was looking for either.  I didn't want to go all the way to bright (HD800s, or Grados); I just bought a pair of Beyerdynamics which I love.  Fast, open, detailed, but smooth.  No veil.  I'm selling the HD650s.

Jun 20, 2010 at 12:26 AM Post #81 of 82
The HD600 and HD650 aren't really that veiled, this impression mostly comes from the fact that most dynamic headphones have peaks in the treble to make them sound fast and detailed.  The HD600 and HD650 do not, and the HD650 has a smooth roll-off, so when you compare them to other bright headphones, they can sound really veiled.  For dynamics, I don't think they're particularly slow. 

I prefer them to the peaks and valleys you get with so many other dynamics.  But after listening to orthodynamics and electrostats for a time, it's hard to come back to the Sennheisers, or most other dynamics for that matter, they just aren't as fast or detailed.  They do have great tone though. 

Jun 20, 2010 at 11:52 AM Post #82 of 82

Quote:
Just curious, did you buy them new?

USG

No, but I bought them from a person who had barely used them.  They are basically brand new and in mint shape with all the accessories.  They were also bought new from an authorized shop and I have the paperwork as well.  Keep an eye on the for sale section for them :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back