Just got the Echo Indigo DJ, now I have a few questions
Feb 6, 2006 at 6:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Medikit

100+ Head-Fier
First off this thing is great. It totally fixed the annoying hissing and clipping I would sometimes from my laptop's soundmax internal audio. Of course now I have all these new options that I don't know how to use.

First off I guess I don't know much about 44.1khz vs. 96khz. My soundcard says it can do 96khz but isn't most audio recorded at 44.1khz? How does one listen to 96khz sound?

24 bits and 16 bits. I changed the setting on my mp3 player to 24 bits, I'm guessing that is all I had to do?

Mp3 player. I'm using XMplay right now. Are there significantly better mp3 players out there?

Echo Indigo features: I can't seem to find an equalizer in the software. I thought the echo cards had their own equalizers.

Protection: I'm going to be lugging this card around outside the laptop. Does anyone know of a good softcase that will work?

Hmm, I guess that's it for now. In the meantime I get to listen to songs without distraction. Thanks Head-fi for helping me to find what I was looking for.
Link to my old thread: http://www4.head-fi.org/forums/showt...ht=echo+indigo

Feb 7, 2006 at 10:57 PM Post #2 of 4
As long as you use redbook audio cd or their quality rips, they are 16 bit@44100 Hz. You will not get any better using higher setting, only eat system resources. If you grab some 24@96 audio, the system will either play it automatically or play not at all and you will have to change the setting.

Generally all up-to-date players have comparable or identical decoders. You can improve the output slightly using asio (plug-in is available at least to WinAmp and FooBar).

If you really can't live without an equalizer, you have to use application-specific eqs.

As for the case, I can't help you. But it's quite solid and unless you manage to bend the card (difficult) or break it (probably even more), it's rugged.

Feb 8, 2006 at 1:38 AM Post #3 of 4
"A stereo mini-jack-to-RCA cable with 0.25-inch (TRS) adapters comes in the box, and future driver updates will also use the twin outputs to support four-speaker surround sound." (September 2004)

Source: http://www.hometheatermag.com/custom...es/904crowson/

Is there any software or drivers for the Echo Indigo DJ that enable 4-speaker surround sound? I suspect I am engaging in wishful thinking, but it never hurts to ask.
rolleyes.gif

Any insight would be appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back