Just got the E2c and have some questions
Jul 4, 2005 at 11:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

perdomot

100+ Head-Fier
After reading some reviews about these earphones, I bought a pair today but they seem a little light in the bass department. Is this normal. Not a mega bass kind of guy but I do want to hear the thumps that I know are there. I'm also wondering about the comfort of these earphones considering I'm using the small foamies (the plastic ones hurt) and its still kind of uncomfortable and I'm used to having an earpiece for my job. Any advice?

Jul 4, 2005 at 11:41 PM Post #2 of 10
I just recently got them as well. They sounded muddy at first but I burned them in and they found great now. I suggest you burn them in. I'm also thinking about the seal your getting. Maybe play around with them until you achieve a better seal. The bass if very deep when you get the right isolation and seal with these.

Jul 5, 2005 at 12:42 AM Post #3 of 10
I never got a comfortable fit from the foamies or the plastic ones. I finally got the ultra soft flex sleeves & they were wonderful. I don't know if they provide any of those w/purchase - but you can order them. For me it was a huge difference.

Jul 5, 2005 at 8:49 AM Post #4 of 10
I have had these for a few weeks now and they came with the soft flex sleeves. I get the best seal out of these, the base is defently there and strong.I defently suggest getting these sleeves if yours did not come with them.

Jul 5, 2005 at 2:05 PM Post #6 of 10
Burning in basically just means that you let them play music for quite some time. From what I've gathered (and from own experience having replaced my e2c twice), actual burn-in for the e2c (and I believe in-ear headphones in general) has little effect on the sound. Try playing around with the different sleeves to get a good seal. It does take some practice inserting them the right way but once you get it working, I doubt you'll find them lacking in bass.

Aug 1, 2005 at 6:52 AM Post #7 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by perdomot
Thanks for the feedback folks. I'm going to order the soft sleeves today. One question though, how do you "burn in" the headphones?

What I did to burn in my e2c's was plug my ipod in to a wall outlet and let it play for 2 days straight. I put the volume a bit above halfway and put e2c's in a something where I could not hear the sound. Truthfully to my ears it made a huge difference than when I first got them. Maybe it is all psychological or maybe it did help a lot. I have a ton of base with my e2c's no matter which tips i use, but as i have said before, I prefer the ultra soft flex sleeves.

Aug 1, 2005 at 7:03 AM Post #9 of 10
they sound like bose fresh out of the box.... and Im not exagerating, theyre nearly that bad.

Burn them for ~100 hours, I hit mine with sine waves but you probably dont need to do that extreme.

AMP EM!!! contrary to what everyone thinks LOW IMPEDENCE CANS BENEFEIT from a high current amp circuit.

If your source has a line out, take advantage of it and amp that signal, not the headphone out.

Go with a PA2 if youre after bass impact, govibe if you want separation and treble sparkle.
IMHO you havent heard that phone till its burned and amped. Mild EQ adjustments go a long way too.

IMHO YMMV

Garrett

Aug 1, 2005 at 8:24 AM Post #10 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by perdomot
After reading some reviews about these earphones, I bought a pair today but they seem a little light in the bass department. Is this normal. Not a mega bass kind of guy but I do want to hear the thumps that I know are there. I'm also wondering about the comfort of these earphones considering I'm using the small foamies (the plastic ones hurt) and its still kind of uncomfortable and I'm used to having an earpiece for my job. Any advice?

not sure if the burn-in actually is for the phones or your ears, but they definitely do sound better after time.... the e2's can be accused of many things, but lack of bass is definitely not one of them! give yourself a little time and make sure you have a good seal....

as for comfort, that takes time as well. these suckers are big and take more adjusting to than normal. (i know, i've got small ears -- yet i did it.) the tendency is to over-do it in the beginning. take a break.... slowly but surely they'll get more comfortable and voila! the bass will appear in all its thumping glory....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back