Just got SR80s...
Jan 17, 2009 at 5:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

RedSox

100+ Head-Fier
My new SR80s just came in the mail today. So far, I love them! The bass is punchy but not overpowering or fake like my Bose QC3s are. I think they're perfectly comfortable, I don't see what the big fuss is about that.

They're not burned in and they already sound better than my QC3s. I can pick out each instrument, they're not all mushed together. The mids aren't muddy like my QC3s, and the highs are good on my SR80s, and pretty much not there at all on my QC3s.
biggrin.gif

What music do you suggest I listen to that will display my SR80s at their best? You know, just to see what they can do.
biggrin.gif

Thanks.

P.S. I'm looking forward to editing my signature with my first real gear. :wink:

EDIT: Yeah, these to get uncomfortable.
biggrin.gif

Jan 17, 2009 at 5:59 PM Post #3 of 19
I have found that Opeth sounds very good with grados.

Jan 17, 2009 at 7:17 PM Post #6 of 19
I also just bought a set of SR80's and have to agree on the quality compared to everything I have ever listened to until now.

As for listening. I found they excel in just about every type of music except for really soft and ambient music. Not that they don't sound stellar but the SR80's seem to pick up the tones more on "brighter" music.

Jan 17, 2009 at 7:27 PM Post #7 of 19
Try the "evil urges" cd from My Morning Jacket. I play that
thru my ipod 5.5, lod to cmoy into my grado sr80's and
its absolutely FANTASTIC.

Jan 17, 2009 at 9:00 PM Post #11 of 19
Dick Dale + Grado = Perfect

Jan 17, 2009 at 10:07 PM Post #12 of 19
Thanks for all your suggestions.

So far, acoustic songs sound amazing, but acoustic songs could be what sounds best on any headphones.

EDIT: I made a signature.
biggrin.gif

Jan 17, 2009 at 10:25 PM Post #14 of 19
hope you enjoy those (and you probably will), in addition to unplugged give Eminence Front by The Who a listen, amazing song.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back