Just got SACD/DVD-A, but now I'm lost
Sep 24, 2005 at 10:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

zombietycho

100+ Head-Fier
I am really excited, because I finally got a DVD-a and SACD player! (toshiba universal player)

However, whenever I put in a DVD-Audio disc, it treats it like a DVD.... am I doing something wrong?

Sep 24, 2005 at 11:40 AM Post #2 of 7
Are you sure. Does the dolby digital light light up? Remember most DVD-A still has video content on the disc that is displayed during playback.

Read the manual as to checking the defaults. Some players have buttons which allow you to select the program group for dvd-a or the layer for hybrid sacd.

Sep 24, 2005 at 12:07 PM Post #3 of 7
Right, hook it up to a display and check the settings. Also check the manual, for DVD-A you usually have to manually select a different "track" if you want the high-res stereo for example. One of the reasons I only have 2 DVD-As despite all the nice Queen content, they are a PAIN to deal with if you have no display.

Sep 24, 2005 at 8:31 PM Post #4 of 7
Thanks, my manual isn't a lot of help.

"Put the DVD-Audio disc in the player and it will play" is all I really got from it, but I will play with it a bit more, thanks!

Sep 24, 2005 at 10:08 PM Post #5 of 7
Make sure you are using analog connections instead of the digital out. You should be able to change this in the setup menu for the player.

Sep 25, 2005 at 2:55 AM Post #7 of 7
I may have the same toshiba as you do. Just go to the setup and set your speakers as 2.0small, leave it as bitstream and uncheck downsampling and everything else. It should be able to play dvd-a and sacd without problems now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back