Just got Pink Floyd's "Momentary Lapse in Reason"
Jun 23, 2001 at 4:17 AM Post #16 of 33
I just noticed my new title! All i can say is - RESPECT YOUR ELDERS, lil 'uns......
biggrin.gif

Jun 23, 2001 at 5:19 AM Post #18 of 33
Since a couple of you mentioned Meddle -

If anyone has a copy of Meddle and a copy of 2001:A Space Odyssey, try this cool trick:

There is a chapter of 2001 near the end (maybe the last chapter, can't remember) that's called 'Jupiter and Beyond the Infinite'. Start this chapter and 'Echoes' from Meddle at the same time, they have the same running time ..... very trippy.

Kinda like the Dark Side of the Moon/Wizard of Oz thing but only works with the one song.

Jun 23, 2001 at 5:38 AM Post #19 of 33
Since you're talking about chapters I'm assuming that you mean the DVD version of 2001?

Jun 23, 2001 at 1:06 PM Post #20 of 33
Quote:

Originally posted by Masz
"Momentary Lapse Of Reason" was my first Pink Floyd album! I loved all the songs you mentioned. I have to add "The Dogs Of War". "Learning To Fly " was also very good. Gives me the feeling of wanting to be free. Free from the shackles of this world and the demands of society. The best track for me however was their instrumental in "Terminal Frost". I don't know why but everytime I listened to that one I get lost in a feeling of desolation and isolation. Pretty much summed up a certain period in my life. I'll never get tired of it.

Underrated album IMO.

If you like This Floyd Disc Check out Delicate Sounds of Thunder and get the Gold Disc MF version. Dogs of war really comes to Light on this one.

Jun 23, 2001 at 3:07 PM Post #21 of 33
Was my first 'encounter' with Pink Floyd. I still always get the shivers when "Sorrow" begins. "On the Turning Away", "Yet Another Movie" and "Learning to Fly" are my favorite tracks.

The live album from that tour "Delicate Sound of Thunder" is also great. I saw them live here in Werchter. One of the best concerts I ever saw.

Jun 23, 2001 at 3:35 PM Post #22 of 33
Quote:

Originally posted by ppl

If you like This Floyd Disc Check out Delicate Sounds of Thunder and get the Gold Disc MF version. Dogs of war really comes to Light on this one.

Thanks, I'll check it out.

Jun 23, 2001 at 5:58 PM Post #23 of 33
I really suggest checking out Roger's Amused To Death. It's an amazing album and much more pinkfloydish in sound and peformance than anything else after the split by both Roger and Dave. I can't stop listening to it and even would seriously place it between DSOM and WYWH, higher than Wall and Animals.

Top notch music, concept, Jeff Beck on guitars, even Don Henley on some vocals and production by James Guthrie (same guy who did Wall). 80 min of excelent recording quality in something called QSound.

Jun 23, 2001 at 6:55 PM Post #24 of 33
albau - the Soul Cages by Sting was also recorded using QSound. I think Aiwa systems have that, as a sort of sound enhancement.....don't know how it got into recording procedures...

Jun 23, 2001 at 7:13 PM Post #26 of 33
Trust me if your into Floyd at all you Like DelicateSounds of Thunder. BTW I still have The Lazer Cancert of Welcom to the Machine Still Burned in My Brain. So Burned in that i at the Moment cant remember anything Elce about that Concert. If any one has ever Seen This you will Understand.

Jun 24, 2001 at 8:48 AM Post #28 of 33
I still think "Echoes" is one of the best Pink Floyd songs ever. That track, alone, is worth the price of entry (_Meddle_). "One of These Days" makes it worthwhile, also. "Seamus" is pretty fun (have you ever heard a dog howl the blues?).

Here's a fun thing to do: listen to these albums backwards (and by backwards, I don't mean backwards, I mean in reverse order, like so): _The Wall_, _Animals_, _Wish You Were Here_, _The Dark Side of the Moon_, _Meddle_. It's rather dramatic, especially if you do it all in one sitting, and are rather sleep deprived by the end of it. (-:

Jun 25, 2001 at 12:30 AM Post #29 of 33
Hmmm.... Sounds like a long day....
I'm a Wish You Were Here afficionado. I have to disagree on Amused to Death, I hated it. All bitty and mixed up. Classic example of a band memeber going solo and not having the rest of the band saying, 'no, hang on wait a minute.....' I much preferred Roger's In the Flesh and Berlin Wall (although the recording quality is disappointing).
Anyway, my $0.02 and a ninth post on my way to a quantum leap in status.

crk

Jun 25, 2001 at 12:39 AM Post #30 of 33
Very nice when Jeff Beck sits in with Roger Waters on Amused To Death. A couple of genius' at work. I love this album - where else can you hear Marv Albert doing the intro to war games.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back