Just got myself a Clip+
Apr 5, 2013 at 5:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Xanimal13

New Head-Fier
Hey everybody! I just upgraded from an iPod Touch 4th generation 8gb to my new Clip+ 4gb with a 32gb sd card! I rockboxed it right away, since my collection is mostly ALAC and AAC, but I'm loving it. It definitely blows the iPod out of the water. I'm using it mostly with my super modded sr60i and my HiFiMan RE-Zero IEMS, which I think it sounds great with.

For $70 shipped two day with a SanDisk 32gb class 10 Micro SD, I think it was a steal! Thanks for the recommendations!

I got super bored tonight and ended up playing with my camera as well. Enjoy!

Apr 5, 2013 at 1:30 PM Post #2 of 9
I wouldn't say it blows the 4th gen Touch out of the water. They are both very good sounding players.
wink.gif

Apr 6, 2013 at 8:25 PM Post #3 of 9
Dollar for dollar, the iPod doesn't seem to compare in my opinion, nor does it hold nearly as many albums, and rockboxed, the Clip+ seems to be much more capable than the iPod. Definitely a YMMV deal though. I needed a PMP solely for music, not apps or anything, and the sound of the Clip+ is much more ideal for me. The iPod sounds a bit warmer than neutral, and the clip+ a little bright to me.

Apr 7, 2013 at 12:21 AM Post #4 of 9
Quote:
Dollar for dollar, the iPod doesn't seem to compare in my opinion, nor does it hold nearly as many albums, and rockboxed, the Clip+ seems to be much more capable than the iPod. Definitely a YMMV deal though. I needed a PMP solely for music, not apps or anything, and the sound of the Clip+ is much more ideal for me. The iPod sounds a bit warmer than neutral, and the clip+ a little bright to me.

Dollar for dollar, and capacity wise, you're absolutely correct. And sure,if the sound sig of the one player suits your preference better, that's great! I'm just saying that neither one is light-years better than the other (and I have owned both). Enjoy your Clip! 
smile_phones.gif

Apr 9, 2013 at 8:52 PM Post #5 of 9
Well unfortunately after about 3 days of owning the clip+, the clip broke off.. In my pocket. I never planned on using it, but it looked pretty gnarly being snapped off. SO I did what any reasonable head-fier would do. MOD TIME!

It's still a work in progress, I have to fill up that long gap between the body and the internals, because it's gross looking, and get some higher grit sand paper to polish it up a bit, but I was pretty pleased with how it's turned out so far.

Apr 9, 2013 at 9:25 PM Post #6 of 9
I've had multiple Clip+ and Clip Zips, one Clip+ for 2.5 years(before I sold it, it still works for its current owner), and I only broke the clip off one of them....and that was because as I was clipping it to my shirt pocket, someone bumped into me. Then again, I never put it in my pants pockets....so maybe I am just exceptionally lucky....lol.

But hey, at least yours still works. Maybe you'll figure out a mod that others will want to emulate.
smile_phones.gif

Apr 10, 2013 at 2:43 AM Post #7 of 9
Well the finished product turned out nicely! I filled in that ugly hole, sanded it down a bit better. It developed two small marks up at the top near the middle, where the plastic must be a bit weaker, where the clip was, but it almost looks like eyes so I kept it. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. I think I may purchase a second one for my car, with the clip this time. But there you have it. I shall call it "Xanimals Clip+ Clip Delete Mod"

Apr 11, 2013 at 12:28 PM Post #8 of 9
Good job. Are you good at painting? A neon red should match that green cover. Too X'mas like, maybe? We have 5 clips. One clip broke for no reason. The funny thing was, that one was never clipped on anything, or ever used outside of the house.

Apr 15, 2013 at 3:01 AM Post #9 of 9
Haha the green cover is for my Nook, I just put it on there because basically EVERYTHING on my desk is black. I don't think I'm gonna worry about painting it. I definitely could, but I don't have the ambition haha. I think the white and black looks pretty decent. Good enough at the very least.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back