Just got my Xenos 3HA amp
Feb 12, 2005 at 2:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

spinali

Headphoneus Supremus
While not a high-priced amp, I had a chance to sample the Xenos today, which just came in the mail. (People have been asking about this amp from time to time in these forums.)

I am impressed. Unlike its competition, the 3HA has controls for volume, treble, and bass -- great for overriding your iPod presets with your own sound. And it just lights up my CD player; the whole "I didn't know those sounds were there" thing is really true. No detectable background noise, and it's no doubt powerful enough to run my DT880s (coming from Todd, probably when the Montana meet is over).

For a comparatively low price, it's like I have a new sound system. If these sound so good at $129, I can only wonder what premium amps are like. Maybe I shouldn't ask.

I'll post a more detailed review if forum interest permits.

280smile.gif

Feb 12, 2005 at 4:37 AM Post #3 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by spinali
For a comparatively low price, it's like I have a new sound system. If these sound so good at $129, I can only wonder what premium amps are like. Maybe I shouldn't ask.

I'll post a more detailed review if forum interest permits.

280smile.gif

Yes, please do - this is an interesting amp, for a reasonable price, and not many people have experience with them yet.

I was impressed by the info on their webpage, and was considering them. They use individual transistors in the final output stages, and higher voltage to drive that, similar to the design of classic power amps.

Cool that you have got them.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 13, 2005 at 6:53 AM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by spinali
No detectable background noise, and it's no doubt powerful enough to run my DT880s (coming from Todd, probably when the Montana meet is over).

More expensive does not necessarily means a better gear, I have heard multi thousand dollar amps, and headphones that I will not trade for my PPA/CD3000 setup, that have cost me a lot less...you could get decent performances for reasonable prices, choosing wisely, and sometimes you pay for the marketing, parts used, and customization...others not even for that, and the price is still high IMO....Remember also that what is good for ones, is not so good for others, preference is all about in arts in general, I have experienced some surprises myself with some of the so called "good recos" ......
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back