Just got my X-Can V2 ! G R E A T !
Mar 6, 2003 at 12:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 54

Sandro

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone !

Just coming back from London, purchasing my first headphone amp!

I finally got it at "Sevenoaks", on Gray's Inn Rd. (Very likeable salesperson there!) I got it for 150 pounds, nice price.

Warmer, more spacious, more power, better control. Great construction quality... and I think it's beautifully designed.

And the most important, it sounds great to my ears. I wasn't expecting such a improvment. I'm very happy with this amp!

When cold, it is already good, but when it has been swiched on for a few hours, what a SOUND ! ! ! (I'm going to keep them on all the time)

My HD600 were glued on my ears the all night, discovering again my MD collection with new versions like of my favourite songs.

Just to thank the all poeple that helped me to make my choice and supplied me with some adresses in London. Special thanks to Mike "Pinkie"!

smily_headphones1.gif
My next buy will be Mullard's valves, a PSU and a Sony ES MD player... or maybe a DAT... or true speakers to replace mines... but I'll need a true amp too... and cables... and...

evil_smiley.gif
HI-FI IS AN EVIL DRUG, you try it and then you want always something better... but I LOVE it, and it's not health destructing, just like a vicious hole in my wallet...

We should be more happy looking at what we have instead dreaming about something better... easy to tell...

All the best,

Sandro.

Mar 6, 2003 at 5:49 AM Post #3 of 54
Sandro,

Glad to hear you're enjoying your new amp and sounds so much. It's always such a pleasure to discover a great sounding setup. Let us know how you like some of those different tubes you plan on buying sound. There are lots of different opinions on tuberolling, so it'd be fun to hear your thoughts on what sounds good in your X-Cans V2.

ENJOY!!

Mar 6, 2003 at 8:03 AM Post #4 of 54
Congrats Sandro... Glad you like it
biggrin.gif

...Grays Inn Road you say??

...Guess i'd better go buy a London A-Z...
very_evil_smiley.gif

Mar 6, 2003 at 8:31 AM Post #5 of 54
wow, a place in London that Duncan doesn't know? Man, you're slippin' badly. you've got a reputation to maintain here you know.
biggrin.gif
wink.gif

Mar 6, 2003 at 8:12 PM Post #7 of 54
lol SIE
wink.gif

Well, there is gonna be another guy, from the US who has got an X-Can V2 sitting in his wifes luggage, who i'm sure is gonna be posting about it... when his wife gets back from the UK...

...You know who you are
wink.gif

Mar 6, 2003 at 10:20 PM Post #8 of 54
Yeah it's great to discover a new good setup, what a moment of pleasure!

The tuberolling is not for now. For now I'm happy with the original tubes... almost for a few weeks :wink:

If I change the tubes, my first choice would go to Mullard's, it seems to be the best sound available for the X-Can. But I'll purchase them only when my ears will ask me something better...

I enjoyed my trip to London, I prefer to go somewhere, to travel and meet some poeple, discovering places I never saw before instead of ordering the product from the internet, in my chair. I like to think of it as analog mode vs digital mode... analog is always better even if more difficult...

And for Duncan, the place I bought my amp is in the attached file, near "King's Cross"...

All the best,

Sandro.

Mar 6, 2003 at 10:27 PM Post #9 of 54
Near Kings X huh?

Hmm... Thanks Sandro
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 6, 2003 at 11:59 PM Post #12 of 54
Quote:

Originally posted by graphor
Wow.. You guys are writing like real-time chatting.

Every time I come back to see who posted and what they said it's like picking up the phone and listening to someone elses conversation. Weird.
biggrin.gif
I feel like I'm evesdropping when I read this thread.

Mar 7, 2003 at 12:24 AM Post #13 of 54
Glad to hear that you're enjoying your new X-Cans V2. I'd highly recommend more power, as it bumps up the bass response significantly.

I'm going to switch out the caps per Pinkie's specs on his website one of these days when I have the free time. Can't wait to see how that works out.

Mar 7, 2003 at 3:05 AM Post #14 of 54
Wife will be back this sunday, with X-Can V2. I may even say a few words to her while searching her luggage!!!

Got X-PSU from Darkclouds so I'm good to go.

An example of how truly sad I am....I keep walking past the X-PSU and turning it on to see the little red LED glow....I mean......its not even connected to anything.

Don't tell my wife.

Mar 7, 2003 at 8:09 AM Post #15 of 54
Quote:

Originally posted by rgame666
Don't tell my wife.

Oh...

That note I put in the box, mentioning the compulsiveness of Headphone Hi-Fi won't do you much good then...

very_evil_smiley.gif

Damn you getting an X-PSU!! But now you need another three X components, to get that PSU to really sing
very_evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back