Just got my Westone UM2's
Oct 16, 2004 at 12:01 AM Post #2 of 10
Congratulations on your newest toy
wink.gif

Enjoy!!

Oct 16, 2004 at 4:51 AM Post #4 of 10
westone just doesn't market this product enough...

Oct 16, 2004 at 4:57 AM Post #5 of 10
Thanks for the impressions.
How does it compare to your HD600 in terms of SQ?

Oct 16, 2004 at 5:15 AM Post #6 of 10
Hmmm... well I havnt listened to em that long yet, so I cant say for sure. But the sound signature is definitely very close. The bass I think doesnt go quite as deep as the HD-600's do but they are very tight. The mids and highs sound a little clearer on the UM2's IMO. They both sound very natural but HD-600's have a larger soundstage. Theres not as much highs on the UM2's as there are on the HD-600's but I like the HD-600's highs better. Both have clear sound throughout the spectrum and I believe their sound to be somewhat similar. Hope this helps and ask if you have any more questions.

Oct 16, 2004 at 5:16 AM Post #7 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by toaster22
westone just doesn't market this product enough...

yeah seriously, I have the feeling, that with a little more effort, they tie or even beat out the e5c's. So far every review I've read from people having heard both the UM2 and the e5c's have prefered the UM2's over the shures.

Oct 16, 2004 at 7:46 AM Post #9 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by knuxed
The Question is how are the Westone UM1s are compared to the other brands

If I remember correctly, the Westone UM-1s actually had a Shure equivalent as well -- the E1.

Oct 16, 2004 at 12:16 PM Post #10 of 10
Pair just came up on ebay, so I took the plunge... based on readings here seem like they'll fit the bill for me.

Obvious that this product can use some more diligence here, so will report back after I get 'em and have a chance to do some listening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back