Just got my w5000!!! (obligatory pics added - 56K BEWARE!)
Mar 17, 2007 at 2:10 AM Post #16 of 84
Very tempting. Unfortunately, there's no way I can realistically remodel my rig to accomodate the W5000 atm... It would involve too much money and effort
frown.gif
Plus, I still haven't heard what my Stax is really capable of until I get a proper DAC for it. For the time being, let me just imagine how nice the W5000/HA5000 combo sounds
evil_smiley.gif

Mar 17, 2007 at 2:16 AM Post #17 of 84
congratulations on the W5000! don't let it spoil the academic rigors of studying for finals now!

Mar 17, 2007 at 5:17 AM Post #19 of 84
What no pics?
Although no pics helps keep these on the...
"Want, but won't buy" list.

Thanks, maybe.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 17, 2007 at 6:11 AM Post #22 of 84
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkpowder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How do they sound with classical music (if you listen to any), in particular choral, piano, orchestral?

A serious congratulations! I'm green with envy...

Thread is useless without pics? Should I put photo of myself feeling mighty cool in these too?
eggosmile.gif
May your jealousy grow as green as mine for your 404s.

They rock orchestral to my ears, I don't have any choral. I am running a recording of Volodos playing Rachmaninov's Concerto #3, and it is truly awesome, have not heard it like this before. This phone does not shy away from some classical guitar with orchestra either - Concerto de Aranjues is at its best. Honestly first time my ears are not missing anything in the sound.

Mar 17, 2007 at 6:34 PM Post #25 of 84
Quote:

Originally Posted by fp581 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
are they good with rock music?

That is more up to your tastes I believe, they are not punchy but I do like the balance and the partly up front emotional representation they have with rock.

Mar 17, 2007 at 7:14 PM Post #28 of 84
I received my pair last week. So far I really enjoy them. I am currently breaking in my K701s so hopefully I will have something to compare them to. Anyone noticed a difference with break-in? How long?

Mar 17, 2007 at 7:18 PM Post #29 of 84
Congratulations! Temptation growing...

Mar 17, 2007 at 9:14 PM Post #30 of 84
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Gorgeous cans. Has anyone compared them with the RS-1? Thanks.

Give me a couple of weeks and I will be able to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back