Just Got My Sony V6's
Feb 6, 2002 at 8:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

brosselle

New Head-Fier
Too bad I am at work. I'm just staring at the gold box while sitting in my cube. Can't wait to get home and give them a listen.

Probably won't be much conversation going on at my house tonight
wink.gif

Feb 7, 2002 at 12:42 AM Post #3 of 9
Welcome aboard, broselle!

I notice that you have the MDR-V600 as well as the V6. Would be happy to hear your comparison of the 2 from your audio equipment.

Jon
-fellow Hoosier and V6 owner

Feb 7, 2002 at 2:58 AM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally posted by Gluegun
oh, THIS should be good.... comparing the V6's to the V600's to the V100 to the G63...

can you say, "New Convert"?

Well, I'm not sure I'm qualified with my 36 year old ears to make a good comparison.

I've only been listening for about an hour, but I have noticed a couple of things.

The V6's are much more comfortable. The V600's are too large and heavy.

Soundwise, so far the thing that jumps out at me the most is the clarity of the instruments. I can see why some people say they sound analytical or technical. Personally, that is exaclty what I was looking for, so I am quite pleased here. The 600's did not have that clarity.

I'm having a hard time typing right now. I have "Crush" (DMB) hitting my brain from every angle. Strings over here, flute over there, snare right in the middle.

Anyway, the bass is a little lighter than the 600's, but much tighter. Able to be cranked without sounding muddy. The snare drum, and sounds in that frequency range seem very pronounced.

I spent $75 on these, and have seen them for $55. How can you go wrong at that price? I'm tempted to buy another pair.

Also, these are easily driven by a Soundblaster Live if anyone cares.

It will take me while to run the gammit from metal to strings and see how everything sounds. So far, I very pleased.

I wish I had known about these before I bought those V600's. Thanks to this board, I now have the sound I was looking for.

Thanks All.

Brett

Feb 7, 2002 at 3:05 AM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally posted by Gluegun
oh, THIS should be good.... comparing the V6's to the V600's to the V100 to the G63...

can you say, "New Convert"?

Opps, I forgot the V100's and G63's.

I don't use the 100's anymore. They have been retired. They were my originals, my first.

The G63's were purchased for my minidisc player. Now they are my work headphones. They fit the bill nicely because they probably wouldn't like big cans on my head at work. Plus with the 63's, I can still here the phone ring (when I want to)
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back