Just got my Shure SE 310 from Headroom....
Apr 11, 2007 at 9:46 PM Post #16 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by antonyfirst /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can you answer also to my question?

I like the overall presentation of the se310 better. Um2's sound great but for me the mids are slightly too aggressive. Bass is stronger on the um2, and the highs are probably about the same, with the se310 maybe having a touch more treble. Just sold my Um2 so going off memory here.

Um2 does fit better in the ear. Se310 sticks out slightly but is not cumbersome. Cord on the Um2 is better, but that is a given...

Ply

Apr 12, 2007 at 1:28 PM Post #17 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by plywood99 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Have not listened to the e4c personally. But Tyll said in the quote above that bass on the 310 is improved over the e4c.........Warpdriver, again according to Tyll,the se310 treble is not as rolled off as the e3 or e4. I think what Shure has done with these is make them very neutral frequency wise, so that the user can eq to his or her taste.
Ply

If this is actually true...that SE310 actually has better bass and even more treble detail than E4, this IEM would have to surpass E500, easily! Amazing....

Apr 12, 2007 at 6:31 PM Post #18 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spyro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If this is actually true...that SE310 actually has better bass and even more treble detail than E4, this IEM would have to surpass E500, easily! Amazing....

Not for sure if you are being sarcastic or not.

I'm talking about the Shure E4, not the ETY. Also that was a quote from Tyll Hertsen from Headroom...

Ply

Apr 12, 2007 at 6:41 PM Post #19 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spyro /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm going to disagree here. I had the E4s and though the bass they had was nice and detailed, by no means was there much of it. Now "improved" is open for subjectivity but I certainly prefer the bass presentation of my Atrio M5s over my old E4s but I would hardly think they are better than the E500s.

Apr 12, 2007 at 8:48 PM Post #20 of 24
No sarcasm at all. For contemporary jazz with some sax or guitar, wicked in your face bass and lots of percussion/drums, I thought the Shure E4's kicked major butt (but my new Trip Fi 10's are a whole nother animal). Only Ety has better detail than the E4 so I figured with a little more bass, that would be one damn good IEM for my type of music. I got real use to the somewhat lite bass.

Apr 13, 2007 at 1:37 AM Post #21 of 24
^^
Ahh, understand what your saying now. Yeah the SE310 is definitely detailed. Was listening to String Quartets covers of Tool and was thoroughly impressed with the detail and timber of the stringed instruments...

Ply

Aug 20, 2007 at 8:23 PM Post #24 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by plywood99 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I do prefer 1st gen Vibes over um2, is there something wrong with that? And I like the 310's, something wrong with that? Not asking anyone to "trust" me. Gave my opinion on a product, that was it...

Ply

well said

Users who are viewing this thread

Back