Just got my Shure E5c's: Pics of what you get in the box.
Jul 1, 2004 at 6:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

bobfa

Head-Fier
I thought folks would be interested in what comes with a $500 in-canal phone from Shure so I took a few quick snapshots. Good camera but fast quick shots with no pro lighting, sorry.

I put them up on my website (Images are clickable):

Shure E5C pictures

We need a Shure smilie
etysmile.gif

Bob

Sound : Burnin in process as well as ear adaptation to triple flanges. Even though it was a long time ago I should never has spent so much money on my "Stereo". A lot of CD's are pretty bad.

Moderator: if you want them for Head-FI I will send you the files.

Loptop sytem: foobar2k -> iMic -> e5c

Jul 1, 2004 at 6:45 PM Post #3 of 8
I am not impressed. They didn't give you any kind of hard case for them, and the way I carry my MX400's in their hard case is in my pocket, which really squishes those suckers tightly. I've ruined KSC-50's carrying them in my pocket without a case. If I were you, I would buy such a thing, and some foamies! I've heard they're some of the best tips, give them a try.

Jul 1, 2004 at 7:33 PM Post #4 of 8
The round hockey-puck-like item is a hard case that does a great job of protecting the Shures. I would throw my support in favor of the tri-flange sleeves over all the other options -- the sound out of those was vastly superior IMHO.

BTW, I do hope that you did not pay more than $400 for the e5c new.

Jul 1, 2004 at 7:50 PM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by cmascatello
The round hockey-puck-like item is a hard case that does a great job of protecting the Shures. I would throw my support in favor of the tri-flange sleeves over all the other options -- the sound out of those was vastly superior IMHO.

BTW, I do hope that you did not pay more than $400 for the e5c new.

No doubt about that. In fact you get get a pair off of Ebay for around $330, which is what I paid for mine. And I thought this price was a steal!

Whatever you paid, I am sure that you will love 'em!
eggosmile.gif

Jul 1, 2004 at 8:11 PM Post #7 of 8
The little round zipper case is nice actuallly I will put a pic up with them in the case later.

The Triple flange seems to be the next best thing to custom ear-moulds.

I have seen the pictures of the fancy boxes that some of the BIG headphones use so I thought others should see what you get with these.

Jul 1, 2004 at 10:04 PM Post #8 of 8
No doubt, cue the UE/Sensa crowd posting pictures of their cases. As mad as it may be, $500/$330/$900(the USD equilvalent of what I paid for the E5 in rip-off Britain) earphones are no big deal on Head-Fi.

My 'industrial' E5 came with a huge plastic box of absolutely no use, and a felt case (which is now gradually falling apart) which I find more useful than the hard case because I'm lazy (I just put the buds themselves in the pouch, then kind of bundle up the cable and throw it in my bag). I'm currently trying to train myself to use an Altoids tin to store the E5, but it seems I'm even too lazy to roll it up to fit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back