Just got my Sennheiser HD-280s
Nov 11, 2002 at 6:56 AM Post #16 of 36
LOL!!
biggrin.gif
Yes, it definitely is a strange picture, and I'm glad to hear that you are not upset. I re-read your post and can't understand why I came to that conclusion in the first place.

I apologize, once again
biggrin.gif
, for my misunderstanding.

Peace out.

Nov 11, 2002 at 7:27 AM Post #17 of 36
Quote:

Originally posted by geraco
JGene, I used Paint Shop Pro to create the avatar. I only wish that I had Photoshop. I used Photoshop quite often in college, but I can only afford PSP these days. I did some work editing and cleaning up audio tape (field interviews) for the science department this past summer. They installed CEP v2 on my computer so that I could do the work at home (yes, I still have it
wink.gif
). One of the profs said he'd give me an older copy (v6 or 601) of Photoshop because they recently upgraded their software, and I think I'll take him up on it.

Oh yes, you'll probably pass me on your way to Edmonton because I live in Regina

Later.

I got Photoshop 6 when I was taking a class to use it in Summer of '01. I like 6.01 a lot--it works quite well and the interface is a little bit better than in 7 (either that or I haven't gotten used to 7.0 yet
redface.gif
).

Yeah, my friend flew through Regina to go and visit her sister in Sasketchewan (sp?). Small world...
wink.gif

Nov 11, 2002 at 11:08 AM Post #18 of 36
Yes, it surely is a small world, and getting smaller everyday.

I do believe I will accept the prof's offer of a free copy of Photoshop. It really is too good to pass up.

You just about had it spelled correctly. It's Saskatchewan, that's two as and one e, instead of two es and one a.

Now, I'm going to sit back and enjoy my 280s.
biggrin.gif

Nov 11, 2002 at 1:24 PM Post #19 of 36
Welcome to Club 280! I'm sure you'll enjoy them.

Nov 11, 2002 at 9:02 PM Post #22 of 36
vandit, are you talking to me?
confused.gif
If you are, I never said anything about buying Photoshop. Re-read the post and you'll see that I said that I am getting a free copy from one of the professors at our local university. The University upgraded Photoshop last May, and, because I did some audio editing work for the science department in August, the professor I dealt with installed a free copy of CoolEditPro v2.0 on my home machine and also offered to give me a free copy of their outdated version of Photoshop (it's either v6.0 or v6.01). I'm going to pick up a disc tomorrow.

Buy Photoshop? As kin3tix so eloquently put it, "muahaha!"
biggrin.gif

Later.

Nov 11, 2002 at 9:14 PM Post #23 of 36
Quote:

Originally posted by elnero
Welcome to Club 280! I'm sure you'll enjoy them.

Indeed
smily_headphones1.gif
Still burning in the headphones and the bass is really comming along
biggrin.gif

Nov 11, 2002 at 9:33 PM Post #24 of 36
JGene, I forgot to compliment you on your purchase. I own a pair as well, and I know you won't regret your choice.

Later.
biggrin.gif

Nov 11, 2002 at 9:43 PM Post #25 of 36
Quote:

JGene, I forgot to compliment you on your purchase. I own a pair as well, and I know you won't regret your choice.

Later.
biggrin.gif

Quite so--I'm really enjoying these things. I'm really suprised how much of a difference the headphones sound after burning them in. So far I've ran them about 37 hours straight and every 12 hours the bass and sound quality get even better
biggrin.gif

Nov 11, 2002 at 10:19 PM Post #26 of 36
I bought my 280s before I discovered this board and used them straight out of the box. So, my burn in process was gradual and, because of that, I never noticed any distinct change. However, they have always sounded good to me. I recently purchased a pair of Grado SR60s and Koss PortaPros, both of which I have not yet received and both of which I plan to burn in the suggested manner. They should arrive in the next week, two weeks for sure (Yeah, I know, it's a bitch being a Canadian and having to order from the US). And, like a kid, I phone my wife from work everyday and ask her, "Are they here yet, are they here yet."
biggrin.gif

Oh yes, how long of a burn period are you going to use? I did a search of the board and the suggested times vary from 40 hours to 100 hours.

Later for now.

Nov 11, 2002 at 10:51 PM Post #27 of 36
Whatcha gotta do is get em delivered to your work!
biggrin.gif

Nov 11, 2002 at 10:55 PM Post #29 of 36
LOL. Yeah, I never thought of that elnero. Maybe the next time.
biggrin.gif

Later.

Nov 12, 2002 at 6:43 AM Post #30 of 36
Quote:

Oh yes, how long of a burn period are you going to use? I did a search of the board and the suggested times vary from 40 hours to 100 hours.

I bought my Sennheiser HD-280s through numerous posts on this board as well as on others such as Headwize, 3d Sound Surge and Hard OCP. What I was looking for was a combined comparison between the audiophile and the general computer user. I think I made a pretty good purchase based upon what I had read from others
smily_headphones1.gif

As for burning the headphones in, my Sennheisers have gone past 40 hours burn in and they are still getting better. I'm going to hook them up to my sound card for yet another day or two and see if they get any better.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back