just got my se530s :D
Dec 14, 2007 at 2:51 AM Post #16 of 41
Well, I guess ill think about a PTH module. It seems like it would be pretty useful when I'm around the house. maybe I'll get one with some xmas money. I'll forgo the amp for now. I'm just loving the sound these are making, I'll never go back to a cheap pair again
biggrin.gif

Dec 14, 2007 at 3:20 AM Post #17 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterDLai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Most of your previous posts were borderline neutral, this one I think stepped just over the line. Shure fanboy, much?

Kindof off the wall, isn't that?? What he said:
Quote:

cant be expected to outperform shure e500 or triple fi

and
Quote:

my advice would be triple fi or e500.

and
Quote:

it cant be said to beat the shures or triple fi

Shure makes triple fi's??

Dec 14, 2007 at 1:07 PM Post #18 of 41
Also got a pair of 530PTH's on the way. I'm excited to hear they're easy to drive. I was contemplating the nonPTH model, but thought what the hell and purchased the PTH bundle. After I saw pictures of how clunky it was, I'm not exactly sure if I'll be taking it anywhere with em
frown.gif
At the very least, I don't think I'll be carrying around a mini amp.

Dec 14, 2007 at 2:35 PM Post #19 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterDLai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't think any of us can start judging Klipsch's line of headphones before hearing them ourselves, regardless of how many drivers they have. And why can't the Westone 3 be just as good or better in the bass department?

Most of your previous posts were borderline neutral, this one I think stepped just over the line. Shure fanboy, much?

well your clearly a klipsch fanboy arent you because your forever defending a manufacturer that has no previous experience in earphones.

i was clearly stating that we shouldnt expect them to blow any of the more experienced earphone manufacturers off the top spot and they are only dual driver. also in my experience except for the NEW q-jays every dual driver universal phone tends to suffer from bass thats overblown (super fi 5,um2 etc.) you are too quick to jump to thier defence even tho i never stated they would be bad but clearly stated we should not expect amazing results from a dual driver phone from unexperienced earphone manufacturers...(big breath)

klipsch fanboy,much??

As for the westone, i was not stating they will have bad bass, but once again i was stating we should not immediately expect it to blow shures and ultimate ears triple drivers out of the water in the bass department. they have a single driver for lows which suggests its possible it might not be as refined or powerful. yes it might be 3 way, but its not 3 way with dual bass drivers like that other well known badass bass machine that is the UE11.

anyway no offence to you or anybody else but yes i dont like being called a fanboy much (even tho yes i am and what?) i was just stating the possibility that the new klipsch and westone phones should not be put to the top of the pile when they both are yet to be released
biggrin.gif
thanks again

Dec 14, 2007 at 2:39 PM Post #20 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by Arjisme /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Kindof off the wall, isn't that?? What he said:

and

and

Shure makes triple fi's??

hi, thanks for having my back you clearly understood my points and saw i wasnt bashing anything.

the shures dont make triple fi, Shure makes a triple driver IEM the e500 and Ultimate Ears makes the triple fi 10. i was stating the klipsch phones should not be immediately stated as being competition for these phones because they are dual driver and not even priced to compete in the same range.

cheers
cool.gif

Dec 14, 2007 at 3:25 PM Post #22 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by RugerRell /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How would we be fanboys if we own other headphones too, I myself have a pair of FS1's. And just look at jinx, it looks like he owns all of the IEM's.

thankyou, i should point out i dont own all of the IEM's in my list but have listened to them all long enough to give my opinions on them and what i think.

but thats my point exactly, the fanboys are the ones that wont accept other peoples opinions and have one set of phones they simply adore, ive tried lots of earphones (thanks in part to my local apple stores 2 week money back guarantee
wink.gif
biggrin.gif
) and i do love the shures but this is simply down to my musical preferences.

if somebody asks me whats best for rock, id advise triple fi 10 over my favoured shures anyday, how is that fanboyish??

Dec 14, 2007 at 3:42 PM Post #23 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by jinx20001 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i got the PTH module with my shures just so i had the whole english breakfast but ive used it once and wouldnt take it out with me as it is too cumbersome, nice device tho, weird to use at first and quite an amazing feeling but not really useable all the time the mic is very sensitive

You did try adjusting the volume of the PTH device, right?

Dec 14, 2007 at 3:45 PM Post #24 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by jersey_emt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You did try adjusting the volume of the PTH device, right?

tongue.gif
ofcourse, but theres nothing like turning it up and hearing what you thought you never could,its another minor problem with it but the volume adjustment is very recessed and a pain in the backside adjustingbut hey its a nice tool to have even if i dont use it

Dec 14, 2007 at 4:41 PM Post #25 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by tskiller /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, I guess ill think about a PTH module. It seems like it would be pretty useful when I'm around the house. maybe I'll get one with some xmas money. I'll forgo the amp for now. I'm just loving the sound these are making, I'll never go back to a cheap pair again
biggrin.gif

Dude, get that amp with the xmas $ and skip the pth. The amp is way more worth your while.
wink.gif

Dec 14, 2007 at 11:49 PM Post #26 of 41
My new SE530s showed up this afternoon as Todd the Vinyl Junkie himself was able to ship them out overnight for me yesterday. I just bought them to use for this business trip as I left my Westone UM-2s with custom earmolds at home. I haven't listened to my Westones in over a week but I seem to remember them being just as enjoyable as the Shures. I think the soundstage is better on the Shures as are the highs, just a bit more realistic shimmer in the upper cymbals, etc. I don't like the cord on the Shures at all. The heavy connection point just below the Y seems to keep getting everything tangled up. The cord is also not as flexible at the Westone cables.

I can't really compare isolation of the Shures to the custom Westones but I think the black marshmallow plugs are excellent at noise isolation. I really need to pick up a Tomahawk for both of my IEMs soon to really try out the portable amp world.

I think I will probably use the Westones a bit longer until I can try the 3 as the custom mold will not work on the Shures and I find the mold much more comfortable for long flights.

Dec 15, 2007 at 12:02 AM Post #27 of 41
I just got my 530's today too. I think the bass is just perfect I wouldnt want less wouldnt wont more. I can hear all the highs and mids unlike my FS1's (the bass was overshadowing everything). I could hear things in my music I never heard before while still having some thumping bass. Im loving them!

Dec 15, 2007 at 2:12 AM Post #28 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by vpivinylspinner /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I really need to pick up a Tomahawk for both of my IEMs soon to really try out the portable amp world.

If you decide to get a tomahawk, be sure to let us know what you think!
smily_headphones1.gif
It would be one of the ones id be considering.

Dec 15, 2007 at 7:32 AM Post #29 of 41
Quote:

anyway no offence to you or anybody else but yes i dont like being called a fanboy much (even tho yes i am and what?) i was just stating the possibility that the new klipsch and westone phones should not be put to the top of the pile when they both are yet to be released
biggrin.gif
thanks again

Fair enough, I'm sorry if I came down condescending. It is your wording that peeved me a bit (BTW, I never stated that the Westone 3 or Klipsch Custom-3 should be "put to the top of the pile" in any way whatsoever).

Your use of "cant" was taken too seriously by me, apparently.

Quote:

my advice to you would be the klipsch ar enot triple driver so cant be expected to outperform shure e500 or triple fi, the q-jays are good but in reality are a little light on bass but still very accurate. my advice would be triple fi or e500.

theres no doubt the westone 3 should be great but in the bass it cant be said to beat the shures or triple fi

If you re-read what you wrote and emphasize "cant" in your statement, you may be able to see where I am misguided. If there's anything we "cant" do, IMO, it's that we can't assume that an earphone can't contend just because of price or the number of drivers. There are plenty of other factors that go into the sound.

Again, this post is not meant to be condescending, it's just to show you where I was misguided by your wording.
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 15, 2007 at 7:38 AM Post #30 of 41
Quote:

well your clearly a klipsch fanboy arent you because your forever defending a manufacturer that has no previous experience in earphones.

I am indeed a fan of Klipsch's speakers, but as I stated, I have not heard any of their headphones (yet).

And what's wrong with defending a manufacturer that has no previous experience against pre-conceived knocking? They all have to start somewhere, right?
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back