Just got my RE-2's, quick impressions...
Jan 31, 2009 at 9:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Chaka Zulu

New Head-Fier
I've been listening to these for about 2 hours and I must say I am very pleased. For $49 shipped, I am simply amazed at the detail and accuracy these provide.A very nice airy warm open sound. Instruments are very accurate, very good for jazz music, and the vocals sound very good.. I'm surprised so many say these have weak bass. You can definately feel the bass impact on these things. I can only wonder how much these improve with an fiio e3 or e5. Granted I don't ride New York subway trains, but these isolate very nicely as well.

Only thing that seems to bother me is the microphonics on these things. It is definately noticable when walking and having these rub against your jacket, but I digress.

All in all, this is definately one of the best investments I've made. My other headphone is the senn HD-25-1, and not only are these more conviniant, but they sound just as good if not better. It was between these and the nuforce ne-7, and I am glad I chose these, even though I'm still curious as to how they stack up against these.

Jan 31, 2009 at 9:23 PM Post #2 of 2
Have you burned them in yet? I found mine improved a lot after a 14 hour pink noise burn in over night but not everyone has the same result when burning these headphones in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back