Just got my porta pros today
Jan 31, 2009 at 10:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

crowley

100+ Head-Fier
I like the sound, they're kinda bassy but i like the detail and the fact that I got them cheap makes them an excellent purchase. I haven't really worn them for a long time because my girlfriend is using them. She swears they sound the same as my shures and she loves the comfort. She's also more excited than I am hehe

Jan 31, 2009 at 2:56 PM Post #2 of 9
Congrats. The porta pro is really bang for buck. I use it for jogging and it clamps comfortably, and more than enough that I don't need to readjust it while running
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 31, 2009 at 4:09 PM Post #3 of 9
They are a bargain buy. I can't understand the British press not rating them on a level (at least) with a Senn PX100 or IGrado.

I don't use them at home.Normally stick with full sized headphones, but on tour, I have them with me and don't feel that I'm missing a great deal when I'm using them. Love them to bit and had them for years.

Ian

Jan 31, 2009 at 6:34 PM Post #4 of 9
Whatd the British press say about them? they get nice reviews in the states and in asia

Jan 31, 2009 at 7:00 PM Post #5 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by crowley /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Whatd the British press say about them? they get nice reviews in the states and in asia

Basically, for portable use, the British press push the px100 and the IGrado as the best value headphone. Portapros tend to be reviewed as 'average'.

However, that lift in the bass is great for Ipods and the like so I don't know why they are basically ignored here in the press. (Maybe because they are such an old design - which really doesn't mean they're bad)

I prefer them to both the Senns and the IGrado myself. I would like something to put them in that stops them getting crushed though - not a silly bag.

Ian

Jan 31, 2009 at 7:31 PM Post #6 of 9
Congratulations!
smile.gif

One of the best bang for bucks 'phones out there.

Feb 1, 2009 at 3:06 AM Post #7 of 9
They seem so delicate, a nice hard case would be better than the bag. I'd use them for jogging too, but have am too afraid to place them in my bag where they'd get crushed.

Feb 2, 2009 at 2:11 AM Post #9 of 9
they do stick to your head like glue i find. i keep on trapping my hair in them with the sliding headband, so i rarely use them. the fact i have around 50 headphones and over 25 earphones doesn't come into it.... yeah right.

good headphones though, good choice. for using in the gym, running etc, there's nothing as secure as a pair of porta pro's on your head, apart from the sporta pros!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back