Just got my Oritek X-2 : Great cables
Jan 17, 2006 at 7:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

bordins

100+ Head-Fier
Hi,

I just got my Oritek X-2 cables last week. I was very reluctant which cables to choose, like many of us, worrying about pros, cons and price.

My reference cables are Hitachi 6N LC-OFC cables, which are very hard to find now. My source CD is Marantz SA-11S1. I'm not good enough to be a reviewer. I may describe what I find in X-2.

Before I got my X-2, I had no idea what transparency means in the audiophile world. X-2 makes me understand this.
biggrin.gif
Which cables are more transparent ? I've not auditioned many "good" and expensive cables enough to be able to review them, but what X-2 gives me is more than enough.

X-2 makes everything (sonic) very clear in a smooth manner, across frequencies. The tonal balance is excellent. I can hear subtle sonics without paying attention. I find X-2 make sonic flow like I'm rolling a boat even when I stop rolling it still drifts. The lanscape along the river is so large, very pleasant.
orphsmile.gif

I did compare X-2 with other cables on my system and friend's systems. An analogy of sonic from X-2 and other cables is like blowing a pipe or playing music through a pipe. I imagine X-2 as the pipe with the widest diameter.

X-2 is most likely to be an answer to end my quest for audio cables. Thanks to everyone here posting about good cables to choose.

Enjoy music !

Jan 18, 2006 at 2:01 AM Post #2 of 9
biggrin.gif
I think you said it quite nicely!

I have described the X-1's using the "bigger pipe" analogy. And yes, the X-2's do that, in an even more coherent manner IMO. Smoother, yes; but not at all at the expense of transparency and detail.

A truly incredible cable! As good as the X-1 was in my system, this is even better! WELL worth the extra $.

Jan 18, 2006 at 3:45 PM Post #4 of 9
I think the price was around $700 pr 1 meter? Anyway, I would LOVE to test these cables, but if I remember the price correctly, it's way too expensive for me. I'll have to make do with the X-1.

Jan 18, 2006 at 3:49 PM Post #5 of 9
yeah that is a large jump in price between the X-1 and the X-2.

X-1 or Grover UR7 for the win! (for people on a lower budget that is)

Jan 18, 2006 at 6:42 PM Post #6 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by TigzStudio
yeah that is a large jump in price between the X-1 and the X-2!

The two cables are totally different designs. The electrical design of the X-2 is unlike any other cable on Earth. Obvioulsy that leads to structural differences.
The price of the X-2 reflects the labor involved in its construction. Just think how much the "big boys" would charge for cables that take 6-8 hours of real work to construct
confused.gif
- not elapsed time...

Jan 18, 2006 at 6:49 PM Post #7 of 9
didnt mean to offend. post edited.

wow
eek.gif
8 hours! impressive amount of labor.!

Jan 18, 2006 at 7:07 PM Post #8 of 9
I gotta chime in on this; the X-2 is simply obscene in terms of how good it sounds. The more I listen and compare, the more I'm convinced that this cable is the end of the road for me
biggrin.gif

BTW, shorter lengths are cheaper; I think that a 0.7 meter version is around $490 or so, but Ori can correct me.

Jan 18, 2006 at 8:56 PM Post #9 of 9
how much for a .5 meter pair?? anyone know?

nevermind Ori PM'ed me with the info. I was requiring! ..

I will hopefully be listening to these soon on his setup!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back