Just got my new/used Govibe4 **WOW**
Mar 10, 2006 at 1:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

c0mfortably_numb

Headphoneus Supremus
I have been using my Grado's and PA2V2 since October last year. Well I decided since I got a little bit of a taste of what my Grados are capable of with the PA2V2, I wondered how much better they would sound with an amp built with opamps as oposed to a just a volume pot. I really wanted a Govibe4but alas Norm closed up shop
frown.gif
so I started looking for an alternative and searched the "amplification for sale" religiously. After searching for days I didn't think I was going to get one, So I started looking for capable equivalents and decided on and purchased a Pimeta from Rockhoper and low and behold less then a week later a Govibe4 came up for sale so I jumped on it.

I now see why so many people are recomending them and I see why so many look for a used one. I can not beleive the difference in sound, the bass is deeper and tighter, No more distortion when turning the volume up and down, balanaced audio at lower listening volumes
smily_headphones1.gif

I still think the PA2V2 is great in its own regards...especially for what Gary is selling them for and the awesome customer service he provides.

I also gave the Pimeta from Rockhopper a listen and it to sounds impressive. I have a feeling I will have a hard time choosing which one to use for each listening session
smily_headphones1.gif

govibe22kp.jpg

Mar 10, 2006 at 3:46 AM Post #2 of 2
Glad to hear you are enjoying it. I was the second owner and I too enjoyed it. I just didn't use it all that much after my SM3v6 arrived. It is a fantastic amp for the price. Be sure to give it a good home.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back