Just got my new cans (trackmasters)
Jan 3, 2004 at 8:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

CrawlingEye

100+ Head-Fier
I just got my trackmasters earlier this morning. I'm amazed with how detailed they are without being IMO harsh. Some have said that they lack bass, but I haven't noticed this to be a problem yet. They seem to have a very natural sound to them.
The soundstage is quite large, as many have suggested.

However, the one thing I've noticed is contrary to what most have said about the comfort, I don't find this to be an issue. The clamping force isn't weak, but it's doesn't feel like I have my head in a vice. (I think my old Sennheiser HD 212 Pro's were much tighter)

I'll give it a bit more time to burn in and for me to listen to more material before I give any solid opinions on it, the above is just some 'quick findings'.

I do have a question though. What amps do you guys use with your Trackmasters? I'm considering buying an amp (ideally portable) and I'm unsure of what would be a good pair for it.

Jan 4, 2004 at 1:16 AM Post #2 of 2
bump and one more question. Do you guys feel it would better benefit me if I got another soundcard (I'm using an Audigy 2 right now, as I play a lot of games... I would continue to use my Audigy 2 for gaming, but use my new card almost exclusively for music) or if I would get an amp to accompany my Karma?

Currently, My Karma has to be at a volume of 24 (out of 30) for me to consider it as being a moderate volume.

My budget would be about $100 with both.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back