Just Got My NE-7Ms: Couple Of Questions + Thoughts
Apr 30, 2009 at 2:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

AZ Greg

New Head-Fier
First off, let me ask the questions:

- Is there anyway to take off the shirt clip?
- The foam-ish tips provide a noticeably better sound quality to my ears. A lot of the reading I did about these 'phones mentions the Complys. Are those a worthy upgrade from the foam-ish tips that come with the NE-7Ms? Or are they close enough that it's a wash?

In terms of thoughts, I don't have too much to say. I've only used them for about 30 minutes with the stock tips as mentioned. However, despite the lack of burn-in and the Comply tips, these sound better to my ears right now than my PX100s. Awesome! I can't wait to hear how they improve with burn-in.

Finally, thanks to the people who recommended these to me when I made the thread looking for advice on various 'phones.

ksc75smile.gif

Apr 30, 2009 at 3:00 AM Post #2 of 12
Not sure on the shirt clip.. I'm not really interested in mine that came with my replacement pair. I think the comply tips are better but they don't usually last very long, although I've been able to clean them once in a while with some handy wipe..things.

They should sound better 24-48 hours later. There will probably be improvement beyond that but not as much as the first 24-48

Apr 30, 2009 at 4:13 AM Post #3 of 12
The two times I've taken the shirt clip off my NE-7M's I've broken the clips. So if you don't care about breaking the clip, then just use some nail clippers or something. Careful not to nip the wire though.

Apr 30, 2009 at 4:22 AM Post #4 of 12
Shirt clip?? Must be something added with this latest batch after depleting their stock back in February. Wish mine had a shirt clip -- I have to sort of rigged one on when I need one.

Yeah the NE-7M should sound a bunch better than the PX100 -- clearer, more direct, more detail and lots more treble -- PX100 was totally dull to my ears.

Apr 30, 2009 at 4:26 AM Post #5 of 12
I don't think mine had a clip either

Apr 30, 2009 at 6:14 AM Post #7 of 12
Sorry to hijack, Just wanted ask Zalithian how far are the NE-7M's from the IE8's seeing as you have both, looking for a less expensive spare for random listening

Apr 30, 2009 at 6:54 AM Post #8 of 12
Well, there's really no comparison - and there shouldn't be considering the price difference. The NE-7M's will be a huge jump from any stock buds I would imagine. If you're looking for a less expensive pair they're a really good option. They have decent bass response and decent highs, although their mids aren't the best imo. I think they compare favorably to PFE's although they are on another level as well.

for $50 or so there's the used/returned ADDIEMS off ebay, RE2, Nuforce NE-7M and PK3s(I think)

I think the NE-7M's are the best 50 and below IEM new. ADDIEMS are also good but you'd have to get a returned pair to find them at that price. The PK3's are earbuds and are supposed to be fairly bassy. RE2 is supposed to be pretty detailed for the price but very thin on the bass end. It really depends on your preferences.

If you up your budget to $150 you open yourself up to quite a few better IEMS, such as the PFE's, Monster Turbines, Ety HF5's, Atrio M5's etc.

So, to answer your question the NE-7M's are nowhere near the IE8's, and I don't consider the PFE's (unamped) to be very close either... but if you've never used high end IEMS you will almost undoubtedly feel the NE-7M's or any of the other options in the price range are well worth the money. I still do think they're a great value, but with more money comes better SQ - and I've spent the money.. lol.
frown.gif
poor wallet.

Apr 30, 2009 at 8:28 AM Post #9 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zalithian /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, there's really no comparison - and there shouldn't be considering the price difference. The NE-7M's will be a huge jump from any stock buds I would imagine. If you're looking for a less expensive pair they're a really good option. They have decent bass response and decent highs, although their mids aren't the best imo. I think they compare favorably to PFE's although they are on another level as well.

for $50 or so there's the used/returned ADDIEMS off ebay, RE2, Nuforce NE-7M and PK3s(I think)

I think the NE-7M's are the best 50 and below IEM new. ADDIEMS are also good but you'd have to get a returned pair to find them at that price. The PK3's are earbuds and are supposed to be fairly bassy. RE2 is supposed to be pretty detailed for the price but very thin on the bass end. It really depends on your preferences.

If you up your budget to $150 you open yourself up to quite a few better IEMS, such as the PFE's, Monster Turbines, Ety HF5's, Atrio M5's etc.

So, to answer your question the NE-7M's are nowhere near the IE8's, and I don't consider the PFE's (unamped) to be very close either... but if you've never used high end IEMS you will almost undoubtedly feel the NE-7M's or any of the other options in the price range are well worth the money. I still do think they're a great value, but with more money comes better SQ - and I've spent the money.. lol.
frown.gif
poor wallet.

Cool cheers for that. Yeah didnt make it clear, but already have the IE8's haha, just didnt wanna bring them when I go running around the park etc as I've had bad experience losing a expensive pair of phones before, I'll stick with my old A8's when I go running then haha, the IE8's are awesome but they make me anti-social lol.

Apr 30, 2009 at 8:46 AM Post #10 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zalithian /img/forum/go_quote.gif

frown.gif
poor wallet.

Couldn't have said it better myself
icon10.gif

May 2, 2009 at 3:11 AM Post #11 of 12
Got some good news and some bad news.

Bad news is that my NE-7Ms have a slit in the cable that is causing problems. I noticed the slit straight out of the box and was ready to live with it. However, the sound started occasionally cracking and the only thing I can assume is that it's due to the slit.

Good news is that NuForce responded to my issue and sent me a replacement unit within 24 hours of me filing a ticket. Good stuff!

On a different not, can someone provide me with some good pink noise for burning these in? In the big "official" NE-7M thread someone posted a .flac pink audio file but for some reason I only get sound in the left earpiece for the entire 5 minute file.

Thanks!

May 2, 2009 at 3:16 AM Post #12 of 12

Users who are viewing this thread

Back