Just got my LCD-2C today and something doesn's sound right...
Aug 3, 2020 at 1:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Dmytro Gorobets

New Head-Fier
Hello, I' got my LCD-2C today and I've been listening to them for entire day and they sound harsh with pretty bad imaging and instrument separation, some instruments appear and dissapear because they get lost in the mud and saying they sound very unbalanced is probably the best way to describe it. I use LCD-2C connected to my Fiio E10K with a cheap 6.3 to 3.5 adaptor that doesnt even work that well, I have to rotate it for it to work properly. I've tried LCD's in store side by side to my HD600 and they sounded much cleaner from my memory. Is it possible its a problem with my source or the cheap headphone jack adaptor or LCD2c can have some issue? how do I troubleshoot my setup?

Aug 3, 2020 at 1:41 PM Post #2 of 10
Changes are you have a loose connection. Eliminate as many variables as possible. Do you have a 6.3 source that you could use? Maybe in a receiver for your TV?

Do you have other headphones you could try?

Aug 3, 2020 at 2:18 PM Post #3 of 10
Changes are you have a loose connection. Eliminate as many variables as possible. Do you have a 6.3 source that you could use? Maybe in a receiver for your TV?

Do you have other headphones you could try?
Hello, I tried my HD600 with a 6.3 adapter into 6.3 to 3.5 adapter ands its very hard to Evaluate if there is difference because I cant A/B test the setup without disconnecting and reconnecting everything but it didn-t sound like there is something major wrong witht he sound on my HD600, but what I noticed that when i try to plug LCD2c to my phone the 6.3 adapter works very bad and I have to rotate it to find the exact spot where both headphones work.

Aug 3, 2020 at 3:55 PM Post #7 of 10
Return em
Get Kennerton

Aug 4, 2020 at 8:02 AM Post #8 of 10
I'd recommend a 6.3 to 3.5 adapter cable instead of the solid adapter.
The weight of the 6.3 plug will not longer be distributed to the socket of the amp.
This prevents the socket of the amp to get loose.
But take one with adequate quality pls. :wink:
I for my do like the Grado adapter cable for this purpose and do use it with my V30.

Aug 5, 2020 at 6:46 AM Post #10 of 10
Hello, I' got my LCD-2C today and I've been listening to them for entire day and they sound harsh with pretty bad imaging and instrument separation, some instruments appear and dissapear because they get lost in the mud and saying they sound very unbalanced is probably the best way to describe it. I use LCD-2C connected to my Fiio E10K with a cheap 6.3 to 3.5 adaptor that doesnt even work that well, I have to rotate it for it to work properly. I've tried LCD's in store side by side to my HD600 and they sounded much cleaner from my memory. Is it possible its a problem with my source or the cheap headphone jack adaptor or LCD2c can have some issue? how do I troubleshoot my setup?
My uncle had a similar problem when he bought a pair of LCD-2Cs last year. He spent a whole day complaining about the headphone not working properly and sounding completely wrong. I visited him the following day and found a wonderfully chocolaty and dark sounding headphone and immediately knew what was going down:
My uncle has been using a K702 for at least a decade and is so used to the bright signature, that the warm Audeze ended up sounding completely off and downright wrong.
My guess is that folks who’ve spent the same amount of time with an HD600 will feel similarly at start...mostly because the LCD-2C falls off a cliff in the mids unlike the Sennie (and AKG!).
My advice is to let your head burn-in before you go any further:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back